Iraq Redux Part Deux v. ISIL

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I just listed some. Read up.

I read up. What news sources do you trust besides The Gaurdian? Thanks.

And what about video services like LiveLeak? I've found some decent videos on there regarding various issues over the years (since it went from Ogrish back in the 90's to its current format.)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Live Leak is a near tool but keep in mind by it's nature it's a single viewpoint. I like the Long War Journal, The BBC, and The AP. I think Stratfor has good analysis. I also like to take sources like Al jazera, The Daily Beast, And vice.com. They tend to have slants but when taken collectively and once the outlying facts are tossed they have a lot of substance. They also tend to get a lot of ground truth content from correspondents in country. Most valuable thing I ever learned about All source Analysis; from an old SF warrant and Vet of El
    Salvador in the 80s ...when you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras....

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I'm still trying to figure out how someone who hasn't used counterterrorism tactics in real world scenarios is telling me that I'm ass backwards still...

Explanation?

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Thanks VG. I've been looking at BBC and Al Jazeera for a while, but it's always good to learn of new sources.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The Chairman of The Joint Chiefs for the win:

On Wednesday, the chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen Martin Dempsey, warned that the US military still lacked sufficient intelligence to take action. He told a congressional hearing that pilots would have difficulty knowing who they were attacking from the air.

Asked if the intervention might come too late, Gen Dempsey said: "There is very little that could have been done to overcome the degree to which the government of Iraq has failed its people. That is what has caused this problem."

Bombs can't fix this and it's not worth $1 or 1 American Life.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    So Obama's shrewd idea is to send 300 "advisors" to Iraq.......These people will be dropped between two warring factions that only agree on two things which are... they hate America and they hate Israel.

So I wish someone would explain the objective of these 300 Americans we are inserting into the middle of this civil war. Are they going there to help the Sunni Al Qaeda side or the Iranian puppet government side? In any case, if they asked me to be one of the 300, I would sure be thinking about that incident in Benghazi where Americans died waiting for support from this administration that would never arrive.

This sad state of affairs over there is really gnawing at me as I did 2 tours there -- for what? :mad:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    You were there for your brothers to your left and right. No need for any other reason other than that.

Doc - thanks - I guess when it all boils down that is the answer. I now see a small portion of what my Vietnam Vet brothers went through......it's just a tough pill to swallow.

My older brother reminded me that we won the war, we walked right through their largest cities. We lost the occupation.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    There's a good bit of us on the forum here. If you ever need to talk it out or get stuff off your chest, PM me anytime. Working through things on my end as well.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Doc - thanks - I guess when it all boils down that is the answer. I now see a small portion of what my Vietnam Vet brothers went through......it's just a tough pill to swallow.

My older brother reminded me that we won the war, we walked right through their largest cities. We lost the occupation.

We won the War because we survived. We failed at Nation Building because its impossible to build someones nation for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom