Iraq Redux Part Deux v. ISIL

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Few media sites picking it up.

Some are counting the number in the range of 180 - 200 killed at least.

I've never seen a modern day massacre of that proportion.
    The concrete slab executions at the end were shocking.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Just your friendly neighborhood islamic extremists... I wouldn't despise the religion quite so much if I saw a little more condemnation and a little less support and silence from the rest of the world's muslims.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    There's something strange about people literally running to their inevitable death for fear of getting slapped or hit with a stick. It's a weird level of submissiveness I don't think we'll ever understand. And you can see the ISIS guys know it, almost toying with them at times.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Just your friendly neighborhood islamic extremists... I wouldn't despise the religion quite so much if I saw a little more condemnation and a little less support and silence from the rest of the world's muslims.

The Religion is just the pretext it's about money and power. For the guys in char hits a power play for the rest it's Lord if The Flys.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    There's something strange about people literally running to their inevitable death for fear of getting slapped or hit with a stick. It's a weird level of submissiveness I don't think we'll ever understand. And you can see the ISIS guys know it, almost toying with them at times.

People are very reluctant to accept the inevitability of their on death. They tend to believe that if they just go along it will work out. There is a ton of precedent historically of people like lemmings going along right off the cliff.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    ISIL commits Mass Execution.
    In the hundreds.

EMP, this is something that will burn a hole in your soul.

Some were piled up in shallow graves and shot to death
    and then buried. Some buried alive.

The end of the video is almost unbelievable.
    Like something we've seen in Black and White videos from WWII.

One by one they are brought forward on a shaded flat concrete slab that is slippery and covered in blood.
    They are leaned forward, sometimes shot in the head, sometimes the neck
    and then kicked off the slab falling about 15 feet into the Tigris River.

Man if that River and the City of Tikrit could speak
    it'd write true horror stories that would shock it's readers.

v3px.gif

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7fd_1406604477

You see them using American hardware in the ditch?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Few media sites picking it up.

No surprise there! Comfy cozy people that refuse to believe their is still this level of inhumanity in the world until the wolves are at the door. Heaven forbid, someone shows a tit on TV here!

I'd bet my last penny that if these psychopaths were Caucasoids or even slightly related; they wouldn't be able to get the video in front of the world fast enough!

People better stop pretending in this world.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Iraq Redux Part Deux

I tried to express why I thought they could be thinking in previous post in this topic when the Iraqi SF soldiers were executed...fairly willingly without resistance.

Like Nate said, there is this long disturbing history of brutal massacres where folks just willingly laid their heads down for the blade.

I tired to attribute this to the Iraqi People just being tired of war. So tired that they may just quickly accept their fate as a way of saying they'd rather die and meet their maker than deal with another day of war...the same bloody and brutal war that they've seen since birth.

So they may lay their heads down willingly to just punch out.

I believe it hard for us to understand b/c were Red Blooded Americans -so to speak. We care about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We take Freedom Serious. So much so that many of put it all on the line for years.

So yea, willingly excepting something negatively affecting us such as death by evil, is a no go. But we have also Tasted Freedom. We know what it feels like and looks like. We don't take it for granted. This gives us the spirit to fight for what we know is right and what we want to preserve.

What exactly does a young Iraqi Arab want to preserve?
    What does he have to fight for?

That's what the ISIL GIVES these young recruits. Something to fight far. Something to believe in. Convincing them that they have something to fight far and to preserve.

Until the Iraqi people can convince their youth of what they should be fighting far, what can change?

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    But we have also Tasted Freedom. We know what it feels like and looks like. We don't take it for granted. This gives us the spirit to fight for what we know is right and what we want to preserve.

I wish I could agree with you! The majority of people in the US are proving they take freedom, and living here for granted every day!

There are still a good bit that don't, but that number is dwindling daily. Like all European "Free ****" societies today, where the majority has decided to join the locusts swarm; we are meandering our way there.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We'll I meant we as in us here on this site and in this thread mostly. Those of us who are paying attention.

I hear ya! But, this is meaningless. It's entertaining, but is a complete exercise in futility as the world goes. We don't put forth any news that couldn't be found by any dummy with an index finger and an internet connection and couldn't learn for themselves. It's the desire to learn that is missing. The desire to give a crap.

Let me give you the simplest example of why we are awash in a populace that doesn't give a **** anymore. Littering! Think about that for a moment. How many of you remember when it was very rare to see trash everywhere you looked in public. I do! Now look at what has changed in relation to that.

I guarantee, you catch a POS littering, and dig into his "real" life; and I'll bet you'll find he's selfish, self absorbed, greedy, maybe on the public dole of some sort, feels underpaid, underappreciated, hates police or authority in general, complains, and most notably is a hypocrite on a daily basis, etc.

A lot of similarities to what many people think and do in America today!

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Seems like ISIS is also trying to push and prod and find a weakness in the Peshmerga. It seems like these guys aren't your normal rag tad militia. I can't help but wonder if the ring leaders of this group were trained in those "training camps" for the "good" Syrian rebels.

Last edited:

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    For the moment I'm telling myself that the Kurdish Peshmerga are using their strategic depth in attempt to get ISIL to overextend themselves for a counter attack. If I'm not mistaken the Kurds are still pretty close with the Iranians. They might be trying to get some assistance from them as well. From what I understand, the Kurdish militia are well led, trained, and motivated. I think they just need a little assistance. I hope this ends in statehood for them. They are the largest ethnic group without a country in the world and routinely prove themselves to be respectable in their actions. Someone brought up yesterday, however, that the Iranians may have other plans so they stay close with Maliki who clearly wants nothing to do with Kurdish statehood.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    "The Islamic State has systematically blown up Shia mosques and shrines in territory it has seized, fueling levels of sectarian violence unseen since the very worst weeks of Iraq's 2006-2007 civil war."

So was it really a civil war? I was in Al Anbar in 2007 and remember being told repeatedly it was not a civil war. I tend to agree with that position, but it was mostly Sunni where I was.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom