La OCer Arrested for filming cops and Open Carry, Legal Fund set up to help.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    The ugly truth is people like him are necessary tools to keep cops in check. Now if you readers are brave enough to look at the big picture and understand I'm not trying to step on the feelings of any of you over sensitive people. Cops have a few douchebags of their own. The majority of people that have dealings with cops daily are not like that just as not all cops are like those in the video. They are both equally guilty of douchebaggery and there are no winners in the video. While we all get indignant about stuff like this, how often do people of this board actually have dealings with shitty cops? Most of the time it is respectful. These are the guys that keep everyone honest.

There are more and more douche cops all the time.

And as they continue to lower requirements the number will continue to increase.

The problem comes from the ever increasing number of gun-illiterate, open carry advocates that want to make a name for themselves going out and getting in the cops faces.

And that is the only reason I think they do it.
    Not for any "service to mankind" or some such, but because they want their 15 minutes regardless of the fact that they were tools to begin with.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The ugly truth is people like him are necessary tools to keep cops in check. Now if you readers are brave enough to look at the big picture and understand I'm not trying to step on the feelings of any of you over sensitive people. Cops have a few douchebags of their own. The majority of people that have dealings with cops daily are not like that just as not all cops are like those in the video. They are both equally guilty of douchebaggery and there are no winners in the video. While we all get indignant about stuff like this, how often do people of this board actually have dealings with shitty cops? Most of the time it is respectful. These are the guys that keep everyone honest.
    Please don't feed their egos.

They already think they're worth a ****, and making the good fight... let's not continue the illusion.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Time's up, let's do this.

image.jpg

Anyone brought suds?

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I never said I supported anyone. I said they are necessary...a part of the game.

Negative. Their chain of command and internal affairs divisions take care of that. No need for the douchebaggary from folks who don't know how the real game works. The douches tend to get weeded out.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Ah, a sensitive one. I accept your feelings. If there comes a day where you can be completely objective, you will see there was no malice in my post. If you can't, I simply don't care.

I'm being objective when I say you're an idiot.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Reality dictates that human nature isn't going to change. There are ugly people on all sides of any issue. Don't focus in on looking for an insult because that is not my point. No one did anything wrong in the video. They were tense but legal. It's not like there was insults and such...it was just a tiny bit of lip service. If that's all that happens, we would be in good shape. It also gave the cops an opportunity to show a good side, which I believe the supervisor did quite well, and also kept the dude in check.
    Feel free to knee jerk and try and manipulate my comments to find offense, I understand some people can't get past it. Just know that is not my intention and I have no problems if no one agrees with me. I'm in no mood to argue, but it is what it is.

SO do you and all of the fluffy little watchdogs just skip work and get together at the nearest Sonic and plan total anarchy?

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Edit: again never mind.

Somehow my feelings are brought out, but then I clear my head and retract my statements from the Internet.

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Look me up in 20 years when you realize you dont know everything.

I would like to apologize for my arrogance though, as obviously you are my elder. The road is a two way, and you know, as I do as well that neither one of us know each other. Being my elder does not place you in a higher IQ or street smart bracket though, I would like to remind you. I bet damn sure and well everyone in this forum was brought up to respect their elders, law enforcement, and veterans. For those of you who would think they'd talk to their own fathers, uncles, grandfathers and brothers that serve as LEO in the manner that these guys do is abhorring. They weren't nazis then, and they sure as hell aren't now. They are doing a job at half of your pay, working crappy hours to do the best of their abilities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom