On Marriage and Cheating...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Eh. I was barely old enough to drink at my own wedding and she was still a teenager. 18 years together and we are still as happy (if not happier) than ever. What do I know?

I was 18 too. We struggled.

JWG, I shouldn't have called you a dickhead. That was against the rules. And I do value my time here at Bayoushooter. But I vehemently disagree with your comments in this thread.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    My bitchy response is that you're not exactly perfect. Pole and speck in the eye and all that.

This being said, I've been waffling on the married-girl issue. I'm not religious, and the contract means nothing to me other than the legalese of it. There is always at least one married chick into me at most times, and sooner or later I've come to the conclusion I want to do something about it. HOWEVER, I figure I create a thread like this and CEHOLLIER throws enough broken dick pictures in it, it might keep me on the straight and narrow until I can get out of Shreveport and meet some cool chics that don't have husbands and kids at home. A bit of self-therapy at the expense of the board, if you will. I also think this thread has taught some people a few things about themselves in the process. It's a topic that everyone can relate to whether they like to admit it or not ;)

You will have to wait 2 days for any more photos.....

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I was 18 too. We struggled.

JWG, I shouldn't have called you a dickhead. That was against the rules. And I do value my time here at Bayoushooter. But I vehemently disagree with your comments in this thread.

We struggled also but financially, not emotionally. Too many people nowadays, especially the younger ones, don't want to put in the effort to make it work. I'm not against divorce as a final option but far too many use it as the first.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    It makes me sick to hear the way you think. Maybe you should turn down on your stud meter if you're that irresistible. They say there is no such thing as a dumb question, that's obviously ********.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    We struggled also but financially, not emotionally. Too many people nowadays, especially the younger ones, don't want to put in the effort to make it work. I'm not against divorce as a final option but far too many use it as the first.

Oh we struggled financially. Or I did. I went from DAD! I love you!!! I need…. to a big fat PHFFFFT! Student budget struggle.

I wouldn't have changed marrying him. Best thing I did. But he had grown up. I was still a kid. I had growing pains. And a pain in his ass for a bit.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Ever think that the cheater just wants to do something new? Some people just won't be satisfied with what they have.

Yep. I covered that in the what you're doing wrong part. Apparently the cheated on is a poor judge of character, short sighted, willfully blind or motivated strictly by hormones.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Exactly. My wife and I know better than going out without each other. I have many friends and family members who thinks that is the stupidest things they've ever heard and that's a dominate relationship, but it's more out of respect for each other. Their wives are always at the bar when the husbands are offshore. Little do they know that the wife is banging any hardleg she can find. I see it happen all the time. When they women ask my wife to go with them she tells them Hell no right off the back and I do as well. There are plenty of other things we can do on our own with our friends, but clubbing is not one of them and it has worked for us so far.

New friends.

It's not about bar hopping, though that is a very risky behavior and mistakes have been made.

It's about who you're with, and how the group acts.

I'm in with about 20 ladies who leave husbands and families behind for a week to go camping. No men, a bunch of pop ups, tents, fifth wheels and motor homes. Just us. Booze flows but not freely. And none of us even think about going out catting around. BUT(!) if we did, we'd be the group of girls that clearly were on our own, checking out the place, or the cocktails, or the music. And I believe if one of us acts out, the rest will smack that sh*t down real fast.

Granted, our campground of choice is Fort Wilderness, Disneyworld. And we're more likely to go grope Captain Jack Sparrow than pick up some guy at a bar… but my point is, going out with women happy in their marriage can be safe. But add one unhappy or lonely bored housewife, and the whole group is subject to implode.

Last edited:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    It takes TWO to make a marriage work. and of one half doesn't, then you can pop that bible, or pay that counselor... but you still end up divorced. But dont worry, it wont happen to yall. :)

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    … lmao ….

You're laughing because someone who was mentally and apparently sexually abused was in a bad head space.

Because LMAO means you find something extremely hilarious.

What, was it because she was in a church? Messed up people go to church because they know they're messed up and they're struggling.

Or was it because she had "daddy issues"? Her father abused her and that's funny? If I recall correctly, you have issues because of the relationships in your life you've seen gone south. Can we laugh because you have those issues?

You can be a real dickhead JWG. Seems to me you're either extremely juvenile or you are trolling for responses.

Unfortunately, I am giving you one.

LMAO because of all the idiots who think only good people who have their lives sorted out go to church and who told me; "find a girl at chuch, you will be happier". You got a hardon for me sweetie? Sure looks that way how you find your way to all of my threads and make personal remarks. ;)

trololololol!

ETA: You can laugh at me and my failed relationships all you want. I left my ego back in a dojo in 2002 and have been better off without it ever since. I call it like I see it right down the line and if you make some good points I'll be the first to admit it.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    It makes me sick to hear the way you think. Maybe you should turn down on your stud meter if you're that irresistible. They say there is no such thing as a dumb question, that's obviously ********.

My stud meter is just fine. I do nothing for single girls whether they are ugly and desperate or smokin' hot. I know exactly who and what I am, and have a great gauge on the reality of it. I do absolutely zip for single girls and own that. Just like I own that married women love me. I don't know why, I don't have any "super special great awesomeness" like you seem to imply that I claim that I do. You figure it out, let me know, because they don't know and I don't know---they just like me and it's weird, but hey, I'm struggling not to work with what I got, because it's either a hooker in NV, or a married girl, and I'm not sure which one is safer, or rather, which is more risky!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Eh. I was barely old enough to drink at my own wedding and she was still a teenager. 18 years together and we are still as happy (if not happier) than ever. What do I know?

I really think that's how marriage is. I know a girl who got pregnant in highschool and said "Sure, guess I'll marry the guy".
    They are still VERY HAPPY.

Then I know people who dated and counseled and did all of the "things you should do". It failed miserably.

That's what makes me so against marriage. Sometimes you grow together, sometimes apart.

Do you still drive the same type of car as the first one you bought?
    Do you still live in the same type of house?
    Do you still wear the same style of clothing?

Why would you think that after 30 years you would want the same type of life partner?

Sometimes people change "together" and continue to meet each others needs...sometimes not. Marriage is like a financial penalty ready to strike any time you grow apart, and I'm against that. Just be mature and call off your mutual life experience and go find someone who better suites each of you.

Also, congrats to you SeventhSon. That's a lot of work, and a lot of luck, and I'm happy for you two!

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Thanks. We have both invested a lot of time and emotion in this and we have grown together over the years. I don't regret one day of it, the good or the bad. We are definitely not the same people we were back then but I truly believe that she has helped me become a better person. I can only hope that she can say the same about me.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The flip side is...people make mistakes...people change after that ring slides on that finger...if you're not happy...leave? Why not?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Thanks. We have both invested a lot of time and emotion in this and we have grown together over the years. I don't regret one day of it, the good or the bad. We are definitely not the same people we were back then but I truly believe that she has helped me become a better person. I can only hope that she can say the same about me.

Good stuff. Sadly, I think for every SeventhSon story I hear, I hear 5 stories like the one's I have to tell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom