On Marriage and Cheating...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Good stuff. Sadly, I think for every SeventhSon story I hear, I hear 5 stories like the one's I have to tell.

No, you're right. A lot of my friends are divorced. Some remarried, some not. It's not for everyone. It's a lot of trust. I was in the military and the music industry for a good chunk of our marriage and still do a lot with music. If there was no trust on either side it probably would have ended years ago.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Anyway, synopsis...

-I have not screwed any married women knowingly.
    -The temptation to do so is there quite often.
    -Some people are angry that I attract married women and not single women. Sorry, can't help either of us, there.
    -Some people are just angry.
    -CEHollier has a collection of cock photos that will scare you into impotence.
    -Some people here have screwed and will continue to screw married people.
    -Some people find the juice worth the sqeeze.
    -Some people find the juice not worth the sqeaze.

What really surprised me...

-People have had it bite them in the ass almost a DECADE later. WOW! That is food for thought.
    -Very few people seem happy in their marriage. Many over-state it in every thread they can, some seem openly bitter, but a few of you seem legitimately happy, and that makes me happy. Call me a ***** or whatever, but the last married girl that approached me, I tried to help her get **** right with her husband. All she wanted was to get my D. It led to a bit of drama. Just can't win, there! Gonna be drama whether you hit it or not

What I learned...

-Which makes me once again wonder...a friend of mine got fired for not hitting it, and I've created some drama pushing married chics away. Hrmmm...see my point? Gonna be drama...

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    I am not sure the decade of the 80's had something to do with this or not...Living in Alameda, CA while on active duty, two things happened and I still have a hard time processing them today. One of my shipmates claimed he had a zip code marriage. Basically he could do anything he wanted as long as he was outside his home zip code. I asked him if the wife had the same option and he politely stated "Hell no, I do not want her coming home with something bad." The other case was what I thought was my next door neighbor in government housing. I would see him in the afternoons and weekends and we would talk about neighbor things. After a few months, he left so I just figured he went on deployment. Approximately two weeks later, I see another guy at the house. I found out that the new guy was actually the real husband. I never did tell him anything.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I am not sure the decade of the 80's had something to do with this or not...Living in Alameda, CA while on active duty, two things happened and I still have a hard time processing them today. One of my shipmates claimed he had a zip code marriage. Basically he could do anything he wanted as long as he was outside his home zip code. I asked him if the wife had the same option and he politely stated "Hell no, I do not want her coming home with something bad." The other case was what I thought was my next door neighbor in government housing. I would see him in the afternoons and weekends and we would talk about neighbor things. After a few months, he left so I just figured he went on deployment. Approximately two weeks later, I see another guy at the house. I found out that the new guy was actually the real husband. I never did tell him anything.

People do crazy stuff.

One of the first times I was propositioned at work was when a woman was going through a divorce. She wanted to sleep with me to throw it in her soon to be X husband's face. He worked at my same place of employment and while he had done some bad things to her, he never did anything bad to me, and it's not like she didn't ask for it. They were just bad for each other and both in the wrong. She was moving soon, though, and I wasn't moving yet. Wasn't about to create an enemy I had to live with while she drove her happy ass to another state in a few months.

To me, that's just crazy. Take two guys that get along, and try to set them against each other for your own selfish means and then flee the state? WTF, over? Glad I missed that one!

There are plenty of other stories, most of them women trying to get revenge and wanting to use me as the vehicle, but I am proud to say, I feel like I saved at least one marriage. I was blamed for ruining one (didn't even touch the girl, she just couldn't admit that her marriage failed, so she picked the only single straight guy that noone really knew and blamed him, that would be me. I learned about it over a year later when a co-worker said "DUDE! That chick HATES YOU!" and told me what she had been telling everyone.). I consider that I evened it out, mayhap, in the eyes of the universe.

Last edited:

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I read every single post in this thread. I am 40 and never married. Just never was in my cards. I still get laid frequently. My whole viewpoint about fidelity changed when a girl I loved cheated on me with what seemed to be little to no conscience.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I was 17 (1 month shy of my 18th birthday) when I married my first wife. Yeah yeah I know big mistake. I'm ashamed to say that I did step out and cheat on her. That was an even bigger mistake. I learned first hand that having an affair is hard work. Definitely not worth the few minutes of pleasure you get from having a new piece of ass.

My first wife was a **** wife, I was a **** husband. Surprise, surprise our marriage failed. I'm thankful for the 2 sons that she gave me. We had no business ever being married however no situation justifies cheating. You have problems, you either work them out or you go your separate ways. Bringing in a 3rd person to the situation only complicates things.

I'm now 31 yrs old and have been married for 6 yrs to my best friend. We have our ups and downs but in the end I wouldn't trade her for the world. My life is so much better since she came into it.

Would I get married again? Absolutely not!

Would I ever cheat again? Absolutely not!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I read every single post in this thread. I am 40 and never married. Just never was in my cards. I still get laid frequently. My whole viewpoint about fidelity changed when a girl I loved cheated on me with what seemed to be little to no conscience.

I can relate, but I have thus far tried hard to respect others. It wears thin on me, though. If they won't respect themselves, why should I respect them? I feel like a man who thinks that just because he won't eat the lion, he can trust it not to eat him, and that just ain't how the world works.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    wonder if this issue would be so big if folks abstained till marriage...thoughts?

I think when I was a virgin, I could have if I had really cared to and it may have been okay, but you cant put the toothpaste back in that tube. I know people who have, though, who still got divorced.

Logic #1: If it's all you ever had, you will not lust for other.
    Logic #2: If it's all you ever had, you will be curious until you see what else is out there.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I think when I was a virgin, I could have if I had really cared to and it may have been okay, but you cant put the toothpaste back in that tube. I know people who have, though, who still got divorced.

Logic #2: If it's all you ever had, you will be curious until you see what else is out there.

Someone educate me on how abstaining til marriage will help. Most people aren't mature enough at 20 to honor a lifelong commitment. Couple that with never having experienced sex before and you have a recipe for disaster IMO. See Catholic school girls for reference.

ETA : IMO marriage is hit and miss like anything else in life. More misses than hits but it makes people feel good to think or know the person they're coming home to really cares and would never screw them over. I believe almost everyone at some point or another caves in to selfish desires. I am not speaking for myself but have seen it too many times in others. Everyone is looking for the easy way through life and will usually justify it in their own minds.

Last edited:

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA

yeah I think that basically sums it up...

but back to the original topic...I personally wouldn't want to be a "home wrecker" so to speak...yes, I agree that if you don't assist the person stepping out on their partner they will find someone else but id rather it not be me...I don't want it on my conscious or my karma cycle because if the shoe was on the other foot I would go crazy...if I make a commitment to a woman, agree to not step out and vow to take care of her for life and she lets some other guy into my playground it's gonna be hell to pay...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    yeah I think that basically sums it up...

but back to the original topic...I personally wouldn't want to be a "home wrecker" so to speak...yes, I agree that if you don't assist the person stepping out on their partner they will find someone else but id rather it not be me...I don't want it on my conscious or my karma cycle because if the shoe was on the other foot I would go crazy...if I make a commitment to a woman, agree to not step out and vow to take care of her for life and she lets some other guy into my playground it's gonna be hell to pay...

That makes sense. I'm a bit skewed as I've never expected fidelity from a partner, but a lot of people here think that their partners won't cheat on them/expect them to never cheat on them, and I bet that it's representative of society as a whole, so it could be a lot more drama than I had originally thought to be "the home wrecker".

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    Someone educate me on how abstaining til marriage will help. Most people aren't mature enough at 20 to honor a lifelong commitment. Couple that with never having experienced sex before and you have a recipe for disaster IMO. See Catholic school girls for reference.

it's alluring to some to find a partner that's never had sex...mostly for moral or religious reasons...some also say you can't miss what you never had...if you marry a woman who has had 15 partners before you she might be a lil harder to please vs. a woman who has only been with you...and thus she might be more inclined to step out...I think that's the general theory...

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    some also say that the curiosity will incline a person to cheat...especially if they married as a virgin to a virgin and are tired of missionary...and if they're tired of hearing their coworkers gossip about their hot, midlife, single life sex-capades...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    some also say that the curiosity will incline a person to cheat...especially if they married as a virgin to a virgin and are tired of missionary...and if they're tired of hearing their coworkers gossip about their hot, midlife, single life sex-capades...

This is much more common than the other, IMO/IME. I've had plenty of girls interested in me because I have had multiple partners and have had girls turn me down when I was younger because I was a virgin at one point. I've only had one girl turn me down because of multiple partners. So by and large, women want an experienced man, in my sample of 1 situation.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    it's alluring to some to find a partner that's never had sex...mostly for moral or religious reasons...some also say you can't miss what you never had...if you marry a woman who has had 15 partners before you she might be a lil harder to please vs. a woman who has only been with you...and thus she might be more inclined to step out...I think that's the general theory...

id rather a woman with 15, than 5. the 5 may wonder what she missed. just my life experience

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom