Outrage in LC over police shooting dog..Petition link update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I love how people act like the officer was just skipping down the street whistling zippidy-doo-dah when he up and decided shoot the dog in cold blood.

They were chasing armed car jackers. I'm sure their adrenaline was pumping and their minds were in survival mode. It's a factor that can't be overlooked, these guys are not robots.

im going to disagree with this. just because they are all adrenaline pumped and chasing a perp doesnt give them a license to shoot any animal they come across, especially in private property.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I try to avoid being the rational one pretty much at all costs, but come on guys.

WTF. You're all starting in with personal attacks and "COME AT ME, BRO!" ******** about an officer that shot a dog that was aggressively advancing towards him during the pursuit of suspects.

It sucks; I feel for the family. But it is still ONLY A DOG.

I had no idea we had such fervent animal rights activists. Have I seen any of you on that show Whale Wars?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    im going to disagree with this. just because they are all adrenaline pumped and chasing a perp doesnt give them a license to shoot any animal they come across, especially in private property.

It's not a matter of should or shouldn't. It's a matter of human capabilities. To enter a physiological state of fight/flight, yet be expected to make instant ethical decisions is a lot to ask of the human body and mind.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I've never owned a whale...

A whale would not let me know when someone is outside...

A whale can't tree a squirrel,

A whale may retrieve a duck though...or so i've heard...

....Which, of course, begs the question: Did whales evolve from dogs?

Answer: No, whales did not evolve from dogs.

Explained:

Dogs and whales have descended from the same common ancestor. "The dolphins (and whales) belong to the cetacea (a phylogenic classification) and dogs belong to the carnivora. Both of these have evolved from a group called the mesonychidae." Reposted from a post by derrick kolling, Grad student, biophysics, university of Illinois urbana champaign.

To clarify, they are two different sets of species that are the great-grandchildren of a creature that had BOTH dog and whale characteristics. They just took different evolutionary paths to become the modern creatures we see today. So yes, they are distant cousins, but one did not descend from the other.

Source: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_whales_evolve_from_dogs

whaledog_4web.jpg

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    by golly, I skinned this smoke wagon and now somebody's gotta get shot!

Last edited:

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I see a lot of officers saying they will come onto whomever's property and shoot whatever animal they please if that animal does so much as anything other than bow to the officer's obvious superiority.

1930_pattern_Schutzstaffel_uniform_with_shoulder_board.jpg

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I see a lot of officers saying they will come onto whomever's property and shoot whatever animal they please if that animal does so much as anything other than bow to the officer's obvious superiority.

1930_pattern_Schutzstaffel_uniform_with_shoulder_board.jpg

I haven't seen a single one say that?

And if this thread is any indication: shooting jews is no where near as serious as shooting someone's dog.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I haven't seen a single one say that?

And if this thread is any indication: shooting jews is no where near as serious as shooting someone's dog.

Here's One.

Here is what will really happen in the real world. If I am chasing a suspect and while in the pursuit of that suspect a dog appears to become aggressive towards me I will not get bitten. If I believe it's serious enough to go through all of the hassle and paperwork to use deadly force then I will do just that. You will not shoot me for shooting your dog so I'm calling ******** on that one. You can type all the things that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside but in reality you will use your better judgement. You wonder why officers get on here and label you as a cop haters

And I don't know what the comment about shooting jews is for other than to try and stir some **** with me?

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Dad's a dog breeder. I get the thing that a dog is to their owner a component of the family, but still, since when does the canine have the rights of a human?
    This seems like a bunch of bickering based on next to zero info.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Here's One.

And I don't know what the comment about shooting jews is for other than to try and stir some **** with me?

Not trying to start anything with you. Honestly. Are you jewish?

I just found it preposterous that you were basically equating an officer shooting a pet to a member of the nazi party that committed genocide against an entire race of people.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Cops are like Priest, not all of them are pedophiles but you can never be to sure. Both are trained in their craft and bestowed enormous trust by the public yet some can't help but f*ck the innocent. If a cop can't deal with a dog without having to shoot it, he/she can't handle a suspect without resorting to the same level of violence.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom