Outrage in LC over police shooting dog..Petition link update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Don't see how you can say that with the limited facts available.

+1

There is no way for us to tell what actually happened here. We have all seen "beloved family pets" become vicious if someone invaded their turf.

Unless or until they can prove police misconduct, I'd have to side with the officer.

And, Yrdawg; yu're not being your usual reasonable self.

leVieux

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Here is what will really happen in the real world. If I am chasing a suspect and while in the pursuit of that suspect a dog appears to become aggressive towards me I will not get bitten. If I believe it's serious enough to go through all of the hassle and paperwork to use deadly force then I will do just that. You will not shoot me for shooting your dog so I'm calling ******** on that one. You can type all the things that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside but in reality you will use your better judgement. You wonder why officers get on here and label you as a cop haters

Until your imaginary 10 ft tall bullet proof self has actually had this experience...no one really knows. Just the time you think you will prove out, there might be a HO you aren't expecting.

Personally , I am not holding this standard to only cops. Anyone shooting anything on my property is going to bet challenged.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Try this.

1. Find a lone cop in foot pursuit of violent criminals.
    2. Run at him, either silently, barking or growling.
    3. See what happens.

:draw:

I've seen threads about cops being killed in the line of duty with fewer posts than this. Something is seriously wrong here.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Look. I get the anger. But there hasn't been any indication of what exactly happened. I'd be upset as the owner, but it's ultimately on me if the gate was open. Sad, tragic, unfortunate, but not necessarily the officers fault.

Nor the officers.

+1

There is no way for us to tell what actually happened here. We have all seen "beloved family pets" become vicious if someone invaded their turf.

Unless or until they can prove police misconduct, I'd have to side with the officer.

And, Yrdawg; yu're not being your usual reasonable self.

leVieux

I know...must have had a day like these people ;)...

18942928_BG1.jpg

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Then again, I have also recently encountered cops who understood dogs....They immediately could tell the difference between a friendly dog and an aggressive dog. They just went ahead and pet my dog.

In all honesty...it seems to me that cops should be trained better about how to react and deal with dogs. Maybe this could be part of the training at the academies.

Agree. There are people with little to no exposure to dogs and they can't read a them. They fear what they don't understand. We have always had a German Shepard. In fact we now have two dogs. A GSD and a Lab Mix. They are like family members. So much so when we built our house I built a 10X12 air conditioned/heated kennel for them. Just curious what the ethnic persuasion of the shooting officer was? Black people as a majority, from personal observation, fear dogs more than whites. We had a crew landscaping our yard and I let our GSD out to do it's business. One of the workers grabbed a shovel and ran backwards yelling. "Put that f*cking dog up man, Put that f*cking dog up!" The dog clearly was not aggressive. I guess his only exposure to GSD's the guy had is police dogs chewing his ass up for running.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Driving around Lake Charles.....I'm not seeing this outrage....what does it look like? I also noticed I don't feel outraged either....did I miss the boat? I'll keep looking...

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_990A using Tapatalk 2

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Driving around Lake Charles.....I'm not seeing this outrage....what does it look like? I also noticed I don't feel outraged either....did I miss the boat? I'll keep looking...

Check with the Crochet's on Hodges St. Pretty sure they are outraged.

I hope that a lot of people in Lake Charles are outraged that the former explainer-awayer ( PIO ) is now a deputy chief.

Lordy, no shame in them.

Is that ex FBI drunk still chief ??

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Until your imaginary 10 ft tall bullet proof self has actually had this experience...no one really knows. Just the time you think you will prove out, there might be a HO you aren't expecting.

Personally , I am not holding this standard to only cops. Anyone shooting anything on my property is going to bet challenged.

I know you want confrontation so I will explain it to you. I said that you will use your better judgement and that would be the reason. Didnt say because you were scared of me and I'm bulletproof. If you are dumb enough to lose your life or your freedom because of an animal then I really don't think I can reason with you.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    I wonder how this would read here if a police dog got loose and a civilian dropped it because he feared for his life. Even well trained dogs do have their moments. I would never condone shooting somebody for shooting one of my three hounds, but I'd be a bit mad until I calmed down. Hopefully a cooler head would prevail at that point in time and I would just let it slide until I calmed down and remembered that a human has way more value than a dog. Well some humans anyway, some aren't worth the air they breath or the space they occupy. But that is another thread.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I don't believe it. From the posts around here i thought a lynch mob had formed

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Rover would just have to move on to Dog Heaven without being avenged.

Once again- I hope people aren't serious about the 'cop shoots my dog, I'll shoot them' bit. That's illogical, and to look at it another way- immoral.

Fact is, if they wouldn't be killed outright (which is a good possibility), the shooter would get to spend the rest of his life trying to avoid gang rape in prison over a creature that licks his ass on a daily basis.

Sounds like a solid plan. :doh:

:dogkeke:---------> (Sorry- But the thought of this mindset would even make a dog laugh.)

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Couple years back a close family relative was a victim of a brutal home invasion. And within maybe 3 or 4 minutes the LCPD and CPSO caught the meffer. About as fast of police work I have ever heard of. They also put together a great case and the bas-ard got sent away.

This dog case does stir up alot of emotions. One reason is that there are many dog owners and lovers that can well relate to losing a pet, especially under trying circumstances.

In this case the LCPD did a fantastic job of quickly catching these freaks who had car jacked and beaten an elderly man in the Mall parking lot.

I did hear that the same day the deputy chief and another officer went and had a meeting with the dogs owners. You can bet that the officials will thoroughly look at this incident. Whatever comes out of it well so be it.

One thing I think the Chief will look closely at is the number of shots fired by the officer. 4 rounds for sure but witnesses say they heard more.

We'll learn more I'm sure and maybe some of us can update the post as we learn more.

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    Rover would just have to move on to Dog Heaven without being avenged.

Once again- I hope people aren't serious about the 'cop shoots my dog, I'll shoot them' bit. That's illogical, and to look at it another way- immoral.

Fact is, if they wouldn't be killed outright (which is a good possibility), the shooter would get to spend the rest of his life trying to avoid gang rape in prison over a creature that licks his ass on a daily basis.

Sounds like a solid plan. :doh:

:dogkeke:---------> (Sorry- But the thought of this mindset would even make a dog laugh.)

But it's all about the children (dogs)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ApplesOranges
    Top Bottom