Outrage in LC over police shooting dog..Petition link update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I know you want confrontation so I will explain it to you. I said that you will use your better judgement and that would be the reason. Didnt say because you were scared of me and I'm bulletproof. If you are dumb enough to lose your life or your freedom because of an animal then I really don't think I can reason with you.

It goes beyond that...in my DHS defiant world I have a right to do what I want as that I don't invade the rights of others.

While I have read you here for a while I don't think you or JR are the kind of cop I would have any problem with. There are some people who should NOT be cops.

But I digress...what I am saying is that I am able to deal with dog problems. So should cops be, they should be equipped to deal with pets in non lethal manner. For the last year I have read numerous threads, reports an stories about cops shooting dogs, this is telling me the police are getting way too far reaching.

I suppose I am saying that for a lot of dog people our dogs are our rights...when the dogs are disrespected we are disrespected. What is the #1 cause of murder today ?? I think it's disrespect in one form or another.

Don't attack my dog and I won't attack you, what choice would I have if an armed person shoots my dog in front of me ?? Conditions would force me to react in self defense. I would not shoot anyone for shooting my dog, but if while in attempted non-violent defense of my property I felt threatened ...legal violence may well follow.

As far as me wanting confrontation, get your money back from the mail order psychology course. It's easy to tell when I want confrontation, this ain't it. ;)

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    Hunh Bruh, how have your pits been?

JR1572

Funny thing you mention that. I'm traveling right now looking to pick up some more foster kids to feed my dogs.

My dogs are my children. So I foster abandoned kids and let my dogs gnaw on them. No one is worried about foster kids. There's no foster kid group or outrage when they are not treated as well as my dog. My dog that has a lifespan <15 years. My dog that licks its ass and your face. My dog that sleeps outside cause I'm too busted to treat for fleas.

I will kill for my pitts. Because I am old and busted and every time I say it, I get a dozen itoughguy PM's and attaboys

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Let's look at it like this. Let's say you are chasing felons through yards in a foot pursuit so you have your handgun out due to the possibility of a deadly force encounter. While you are in pursuit you are confronted with this dog, you are not going to give up the lethal force option you have out to now deploy a taser on the dog and get shot by the felon

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I can't believe the level of prescience some of these posters think law enforcement people possess after their training. Using the logic I see here coming from emotional dog owners, cops should wait to be bitten before trying to defend themselves. By that logic they should also wait to be shot, punched, or stabbed by humans before responding. That's a ridiculous expectation to ask of anyone. Only statist's have that expectation of LEO's. A cops first responsibility is to himself to make sure he or she goes home safe at night. You're asking them to protect us with not one hand tied behind their backs but both.

Dave

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Funny thing you mention that. I'm traveling right now looking to pick up some more foster kids to feed my dogs.

My dogs are my children. So I foster abandoned kids and let my dogs gnaw on them. No one is worried about foster kids. There's no foster kid group or outrage when they are not treated as well as my dog. My dog that has a lifespan <15 years. My dog that licks its ass and your face. My dog that sleeps outside cause I'm too busted to treat for fleas.

I will kill for my pitts. Because I am old and busted and every time I say it, I get a dozen itoughguy PM's and attaboys

Just venturing a guess here...dogs are good judges of character, if you are gonna keep Pitts you'll need a very good fence. :thumbsup:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I can't believe the level of prescience some of these posters think law enforcement people possess after their training. Using the logic I see here coming from emotional dog owners, cops should wait to be bitten before trying to defend themselves. By that logic they should also wait to be shot, punched, or stabbed by humans before responding. That's a ridiculous expectation to ask of anyone. Only statist's have that expectation of LEO's. A cops first responsibility is to himself to make sure he or she goes home safe at night. You're asking them to protect us with not one hand tied behind their backs but both.

Dave

No. What we are saying is that they should throw something at the dogs and then attempt to retreat. Have you NOT read the memo.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I've heard of Pit Bulls.

WTF is a Pitt Bull? Is Dirk breeding dogs, now, in addition to his literary adventures?

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Pitt bulls are dogs that went to school at the University of Pittsburgh or Pitt for short. That's right Pitt Bulls with college degrees that smoke pot. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Dave

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Let's look at it like this. Let's say you are chasing felons through yards in a foot pursuit so you have your handgun out due to the possibility of a deadly force encounter. While you are in pursuit you are confronted with this dog, you are not going to give up the lethal force option you have out to now deploy a taser on the dog and get shot by the felon

Bad situation in a hard job...still, I would never agree that any sort of private property damage is ok when chasing a crook. We are seeing this stuff through very different eyes.

Dave

You got a LOT wrong in only one post ...

But I am watching a NCIS marathon today, this is gonna have to wait till I'm done seeing how things are really happen in the Fedzillial Police.

Happy Fourth to the Crochets in Lake Charles...hope to see y'all in a 31 ft Scarab named Monkey very soon. If MEM can do it over an insult you guys have the big hammer. :draw: Soon as they release the name of the dog killer we'll know the name of your complimentary deck / galley hand.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Pitt bulls are dogs that went to school at the University of Pittsburgh or Pitt for short. That's right Pitt Bulls with college degrees that smoke pot. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Dave

Learn something every day.

You are, indeed, a scholar and a gentleman. As, too, I suppose, are your canine offspring.

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    Bad situation in a hard job...still, I would never agree that any sort of private property damage is ok when chasing a crook. We are seeing this stuff through very different eyes.

You got a LOT wrong in only one post ...

But I am watching a NCIS marathon today, this is gonna have to wait till I'm done seeing how things are really happen in the Fedzillial Police.

Happy Fourth to the Crochets in Lake Charles...hope to see y'all in a 31 ft Scarab named Monkey very soon. If MEM can do it over an insult you guys have the big hammer. :draw: Soon as they release the name of the dog killer we'll know the name of your complimentary deck / galley hand.

And you accuse me of being a troll.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA

3otr7b.jpg

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I've always tried to understand that intent and sarcasm can be lost in printed text.

But a few of you have posted some really loonie tunes stuff in this topic!

If you truly believe what you have posted, we will probably be reading about you in the paper one day....

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    You know... The argument was presented that it wasn't the owners fault the gate was opened.

Perhaps not directly but if the gate is that readily accessible, then I continue to say ultimately yes it was. It is the owners responsibility to secure your property. That includes making sure someone can't release your dog. Lock the gate.

I'm not trying to suggest they shouldn't be hurt and upset. Maybe it would be nice if all officers instantly recognized canine aggression. Who is to say this one didn't? A dog will wag his tail in agitation. But failure to secure the gate created this event, sad as it may be.

Some of you here wouldn't recognize personal responsibility if it walked up and bit you on the ass.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    You know... The argument was presented that it wasn't the owners fault the gate was opened.

Perhaps not directly but if the gate is that readily accessible, then I continue to say ultimately yes it was. It is the owners responsibility to secure your property. That includes making sure someone can't release your dog. Lock the gate.

I'm not trying to suggest they shouldn't be hurt and upset. Maybe it would be nice if all officers instantly recognized canine aggression. Who is to say this one didn't? A dog will wag his tail in agitation. But failure to secure the gate created this event, sad as it may be.

Some of you here wouldn't recognize personal responsibility if it walked up and bit you on the ass.

Give Ms Crochet a buzz and let her know it's her fault someone jumped her fence and opened her gate. Maybe she'll do better with the new dogs, along with their new offshore boat and Harley' s, a few Shitzus might liven up the backyard. As long as they are over 3K per.

So if the gate were locked and the house caught fire and the firemen couldn't open the gate to let Monkey out...well, that'd be the homeowners fault.

In your world anything you like is good and anything you don't like is BAD...and they say all the good ones are gone. :crazy:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    She'll get the replacement value of the dog. **** happens, get over it.

I guess the better option would have been the police giving up the chase? Maybe then the armed criminals would have entered a home and killed some innocent people. But at least the dog would still be alive, yay!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ApplesOranges
    Top Bottom