Should torturing be legal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should torture be legal?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 77 70.0%
    • No

Votes: 33 30.0%

• Total voters

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Why don't you ask John McCain if he thinks torture should be legal?
    Here is the thing, if you say its justified for us to torture an enemy, for whatever the reason, then you can't bitch when they do the same. So next time they saw some guys head off, remember you are FOR TORTURE....

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    So it is the fault of the thousands of American people who have died in terrorist attacks that our government is ****** up? Osama took a ******* poll or survey to see make sure everyone killed on 9-11 wanted the US involved in Arab interests or a US Military presence in the mid east?

GIVE ME A BREAK!

I agree that the US needs to focus more the homeland and leave the rest of the world to it's own devices, but you are starting to sound like a crazy, anti-government, US hating revolutionary more than a "constitutionlover".

It may be your passion, and if so, good.

But if you really feel that the US people deserve to suffer terrorist attacks because of 30+ years of ****** up politics[/B] you need to pack your ****, sell your guns, and get out.

The US is where it is because of the policies enacted by the people our parents and grandparents (I'm 30) elected. We went to war in Korea to fight the commies. They did not attack us, we were getting involved in the politics of the world. Policing the world has become American policy over the years.

Do we really have to give 100 million dollars in aid to African nations every year so war lords can steal it? Hell no. We need that money here for our own citizens, but we need to save the world. That's ********, but I don't think American citizens have to die because of it.

As far as the rest of the world hating us, they can kiss out fat American asses for all I care.

You nailed a lot of important stuff right on the head man.

I don't like it when anyone dies, much less 'my people'...but there comes a time when the people need to wake the **** up!

If we continue on our current path we're going to be worse off than ever before, and in a lot more danger of attacks from not only terrorists but military forces and organized crime, AND our Government that is run by Politicians who use fear to gain control of people.

We were in a LOT more danger during the cold war than we are now, yet we're continuously giving up more god given rights and freedoms for 'protection'.

Would I rather thousands of American's die at 1 time than have tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands die over years due to poor foreign policy? Absolutely, even if I was one of them.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Why don't you ask John McCain if he thinks torture should be legal?
    Here is the thing, if you say its justified for us to torture an enemy, for whatever the reason, then you can't bitch when they do the same. So next time they saw some guys head off, remember you are FOR TORTURE....

That is about the only thing he has stayed consistent on...he is totally anti-torture.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    That is about the only thing he has stayed consistent on...he is totally anti-torture.
    I love it when people complain about politicians being "inconsistent". As if no one ever has the right to change their mind. :rolleyes:
    Personally, I know that I think differently about things today than I did just a few years ago. Things change, times change, people change. In fact, if someone isn't "inconsisent" about somethings, to me that is a bad sign. It shows an inability to look at the changing facts, and come to new conclusions. In short, an inability to adapt.
    Come on, even Reagan was a Democrat at one time...

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Ah I agree, I've changed my views a lot over the years...

But we don't lie about it, politicians do...they often try to make themselves out to be perfect from day 1 on just about ever issue.

Sorry, I don't like McCain, or respect him, honestly. But he is anti-torture, I do like that.

oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    I eagerly follow the commandments handed down by GOD!
    No person should have the right to torture any person or animal for any reason!
    What right do we or our nation under GOD have if we act to disobey HIS command?
    Only criminals would torture another human being!
    I do not support criminals!

nastynewt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2007
    Franklinton/Houma LA
    I have no problem with sleep deprivation, sodium pentathol, bright lights, loud music , etc. But when you drill into a kneecap, break fingers, shove a rod up a persons rectum, etc. I'm against that. One day gun owning constitutuinalists may be considered subversive terrorists. We could be targets for torture should someone deem us a threat. Just look at how the federal government handled Waco.

This part sounds like Disco "sleep deprivation, sodium pentathol, bright lights, loud music , etc."

bryan0928

SRA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Hammond
    So do you say yes to vigilante torturing?

It depends. I don't think vigilante torture should be legal, but I could think of some reasons why I would do it legal or not.

I don't have any kids, but let's say someone kidnapped my daughter and refused to tell me where they were holding her. I would torture their ass to see if I could get the information out of them.

This is an extreme and unrealistic circumstance though. I don't think torture should be the norm for our government or our citizens. I feel this way because I think of all the people who have been tortured in history who were innocent of their accusations.

mark edward marchiafava

mark edward marchiafava
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    in the woods
    After reading ALL the posts on this topic, I can say with a degree of certainty that fascism is alive and well in the united States. How disgusting to know there are Amerikans who have NO qualms about harming and violating others, all in the name of the state.
    God save (what's left of)the Republic.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Torture should never be "legal". Making torture legal is to remove accountability, therefor encouraging the indiscriminate use of torture. Besides numerous studies by those in the know say that torture is an ineffective technique to acquire reliable intelligence. The only useful purpose of torture is to keep the general population in a constant state of fear.

Top Bottom