Sniper Tower in Walmart Parking Lot... Has it gotten that bad?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    I'm really not getting your beef with these towers. Applying your logic, an officer with a gun and the power of arrest must freak you out. Security cameras in stores? Don't worry about the covert when the overt is already killing you.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I'm really not getting your beef with these towers. Applying your logic, an officer with a gun and the power of arrest must freak you out. Security cameras in stores? Don't worry about the covert when the overt is already killing you.

I reserve the right to be obstinate. To me it is offensive.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hmmm...I see a trailer hitch on these baby's...
    and a Camo paint job in the near future...
    Bet i can see 3/400 yds out of one...

I've wondered about these for mobile deer stands. :rockon:
    genie-s80_lrg.jpg

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I have to admit that I was offended when I thought about how much money they cost, especially with the blue lights and the twirlie wind thingy on top.

Then you should really be pissed with the SOLYNDRA debacle. Talk about a scam and waste of tax dollars. These towers will be used against those protesting this and other government abuse.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Come on now; take the hint stay out of WAL-Mark, Home Dummies, Big Box Stores, etc. shop local home town small businesses where crime and folks up to evil things don't frequent!!

Pay the extra 1-3% for a piece of mind. Please help stop the large/ giant retailers from becoming the real american terrorist:}

Merry (SHOP LOCAL) Christmas

OMG you gotta be kidding...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I reserve the right to be obstinate. To me it is offensive.
    fine, but insulting those who aren't offended is uncalled for. You have not presented any logical train of thought to support your calling them/us names. So whine all you want, its your right, but insult me and then spin some tinfoil conspiracy ******** as justification and it just doesn't jive.

As to your ccp, how's that work out for your car while you are shopping?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    OMG you gotta be kidding...
    not really, I avoid those places just to not have to deal with a lot of the kinds of people that frequent them as well as the cattle like checkout lines caused by walmarts understaffing because they know some people will put up with anything for a buck cheaper.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    fine, but insulting those who aren't offended is uncalled for. You have not presented any logical train of thought to support your calling them/us names. So whine all you want, its your right, but insult me and then spin some tinfoil conspiracy ******** as justification and it just doesn't jive.

As to your ccp, how's that work out for your car while you are shopping?

You know it wasn't that long ago you came on here and was under fire over complaining about a LEO running up on you in the middle of the night on an empty highway, I stepped in and. Sided with you because I could see where you was coming from. So instead of seeing it simply as it is, try to look at the big picture. Charles has been on this site a long time and he really doesn't don a tin foil hat or even seem the type hardly. So why must you question his opinion to the bitter end of arguments sake? You on the other hand are starting too look like someone who enters a thread just for arguments sake. And I promise you these eyes in the sky are there to make money, they are not all in high crime areas, the stores are paying for this extra security to encourage shopping safety and to deter any one from committing a crime.

But I can see what Charles is saying about for the sake of our own safety we are giving up freedoms everyday. If we don't wake up and smell the cooffee before long you might just wake up in a concentration camp. With no rights, liberties, or justice for all. If they really gave a **** about crime they would spend the money getting this trash off the streets and we wouldn't need details during Christmas in the parking lots.

I'm done,

operator223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    with you all the way on your thoughts...... man I hate big box stores. shope at rouse's and your local ACE franchise hardware store etc.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You know it wasn't that long ago you came on here and was under fire over complaining about a LEO running up on you in the middle of the night on an empty highway, I stepped in and. Sided with you because I could see where you was coming from. So instead of seeing it simply as it is, try to look at the big picture. Charles has been on this site a long time and he really doesn't don a tin foil hat or even seem the type hardly. So why must you question his opinion to the bitter end of arguments sake? You on the other hand are starting too look like someone who enters a thread just for arguments sake. And I promise you these eyes in the sky are there to make money, they are not all in high crime areas, the stores are paying for this extra security to encourage shopping safety and to deter any one from committing a crime.

But I can see what Charles is saying about for the sake of our own safety we are giving up freedoms everyday. If we don't wake up and smell the cooffee before long you might just wake up in a concentration camp. With no rights, liberties, or justice for all. If they really gave a **** about crime they would spend the money getting this trash off the streets and we wouldn't need details during Christmas in the parking lots.

I'm done,

I'm with you on the revenue angle, but reckless driving doesn't correlate to an observation tower. Saying I have **** for brains because I don't buy into it being a tool of mass oppression is obviously going to set me on edge and make me wonder about the tin foil hat issue.

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I'm with you on the revenue angle, but reckless driving doesn't correlate to an observation tower. Saying I have **** for brains because I don't buy into it being a tool of mass oppression is obviously going to set me on edge and make me wonder about the tin foil hat issue.
    I don't remember everyone agreeing on it being wreck less driving, I believe some others said something along the lines of he was getting a better view of your license plate, seeing if you would take off/run, or he was just bored probably. And I don't think he personally called you **** for brains.

Top Bottom