Sniper Tower in Walmart Parking Lot... Has it gotten that bad?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I did a quick look for a price on one of these. Coudn't find one. Officers and cruisers are necessary. I wonder how many cruisers, offficers, other equipment the cost of this thing would pay for?

Why are they necessary? Why is some oppressor in a squad car cruising around necessary?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    During Mardi Gras JPSO has one of these near Lakeside. I walked past their command RV last year. They had about 20 monitors going with faces. They were also viewing the faces from the chopper overhead. I guess its a good way to spot gang members/ terrorist/ persons of interest but I definitely felt like big brother was watching.

Really? They have that?

JR1572

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I'm really not in the mood for your stupid games. I have already stated my view.

...and you are entitled to it, I'm just confused as to how you can call someone "**** for brains" with your quality of "logic" (It's a tower...Nazis had towers...it's an oppressive tower like a Nazi tower...they are trying to control the people with a Nazi tower!) on the issue. THAT was my sticking point. You don't like it, fine. I'm with you on that. Your opinion is indisputable because it's yours. Now you start implying that I and others are stupid because we don't agree with you, I'm going to challenge that.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    i would bet that the certain division of police that have these towers, spent a huge amount of money on them and Walmart is just a training ground to show deputies how to get used to track a target with many distractions.. a simulation if you will..

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    i would bet that the certain division of police that have these towers, spent a huge amount of money on them and Walmart is just a training ground to show deputies how to get used to track a target with many distractions.. a simulation if you will..

I love reading things like this.

JR1572

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    I personally think that thing is ridiculous and a huge waste of money. I understand they are trying to keep people safe, but damn $200-$300 deer stand would do the same damn thing. Hell a scissor lift for that matter. I know for a fact my local walmart owns one and they keep it in the back unused most of the time. Your providing security for them use their ****. Its ********.

Didn't feel like reading the whole the thread, sorry if I just mentioned stuff that has already been said.

These towers are closed and climate controlled. I sure wouldn't want to be 30 ft in the air on a cold, damp night in a open sissors lift.

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Skywatch - Here is everything about them, watch the overview video. The video shows the NOPD. They are bad a$$. Options include FLIR, balistic protection, and high powered spotlights. Its like a mini portable death star! :run:

http://gs.flir.com/integrated-systems/integrated-platforms/skywatch/SkyWatch-video/

Okay...now we are talking a blatant waste of tax-payer money IF the one's at Wal-Mart have half that crap, unless they just re-allocated some from another area where it is necessary.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    This

1.jpg

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Serious Sir

So are alot of other folks:}

walmart-1.jpg
    [/IMG]
    walmart.jpg
    [/IMG]

We go to Wally World cuz it's cheap. I try and time my visits. When I work nights its best to go on my way home because the undesireables are still sleeping. We had to go yesterday and the shelves were bare. I asked my wife if it was a welfare weekend? Some lady that worked there didnt appreciate my question. The wife said the lady gave me "the look".. LOLOL

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    Okay...now we are talking a blatant waste of tax-payer money IF the one's at Wal-Mart have half that crap, unless they just re-allocated some from another area where it is necessary.

These are most probably purchased with Homeland Security Grants. They sell for around $100K, so not tax dollars are wasted. :ohreally: As soon as they produce one that floats, DWF will get some to go with their AR's and SWAT teams. :rofl:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Those here in New Orleans had better be heavily armored !

O/W, it'll just be a "turkey shoot". Just imagine what a few 'bangers" with AK's would do to that; and, to anyone in it.

They'd just as well put target circles on all sides.

leVieux

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom