Updates and Improvements Part 3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkennc

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Gonzales
    Okay... on my way to work so don't have time to read all the threads, just posting my two cents. I liked the ratings and I liked the sellers location showing up. I was looking at two small items in the marketplace but they're not worth my time and money if they're not in my 'backyard'. Same with buying or selling a firearm... If I can't do a FTF meet, no deal whether buying or selling.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I deleted the shenanigans. Let's all try again.

Comment: The banners can be an annoyance, can we try to use them less?

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    +1 for the detail tab. +100 for removing the like/dislike tab. The infraction thing is unclear, what do the x/x (x) stand for? obviously infractions, but still confused.
    I think the cleaner the post (detail tab for further info) the better it looks. Posts don't need to be covered in unnecessary info, it distracts from reading them, but it's a nice way to make the info available.

Muddy45, I to despise the Devil called facebook.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I don't think breaking up the firearms classified into different categories is as much of an important change as having a way to search for guns in different locals. If its a real hard thing to implement...Then maybe even below I-12 and above I-12.

In a perfect world....I'd love if I could just search within a certain mileage radius. Or if when someone put in an advertisement...maybe they can somehow have link to google maps would be cool. I know Craigslist and many real estate web sites have those sorts of capabilities.

FWIW....I hope you don't take the suggestion to allow the poster of a thread to ignore others from responding to their post. On a grand scale...I think you end up with website which has only "yes men" responding to each other. If thats whats wanted....might as well just send each other emails.

On less of a grand scale...and more of a personal scale...I think I would end up with no one to respond to....banned and blacklisted. :)

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I don't think breaking up the firearms classified into different categories is as much of an important change as having a way to search for guns in different locals. If its a real hard thing to implement...Then maybe even below I-12 and above I-12.

In a perfect world....I'd love if I could just search within a certain mileage radius. Or if when someone put in an advertisement...maybe they can somehow have link to google maps would be cool. I know Craigslist and many real estate web sites have those sorts of capabilities.
    We are still looking for a plug in to make this a possibility, but I don't have much hope.

FWIW....I hope you don't take the suggestion to allow the poster of a thread to ignore others from responding to their post. On a grand scale...I think you end up with website which has only "yes men" responding to each other. If thats whats wanted....might as well just send each other emails.

On less of a grand scale...and more of a personal scale...I think I would end up with no one to respond to....banned and blacklisted. :)

I really really really really don't see us doing this. The ignore list is to stop one user from having to read the posts of another user, it removing the ability of others to respond in threads would only serve to silence dissenting opinions.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    +1 for the detail tab. +100 for removing the like/dislike tab. The infraction thing is unclear, what do the x/x (x) stand for? obviously infractions, but still confused.
    I think the cleaner the post (detail tab for further info) the better it looks. Posts don't need to be covered in unnecessary info, it distracts from reading them, but it's a nice way to make the info available.

Muddy45, I to despise the Devil called facebook.

The infraction tab was not supposed to show up. I didn't even know you could see it as it is turned off for mods specifically (so they look at a detail list instead of a x/x type thing). To answer the question though, from what I assume you saw, x / x would have been warnings / infractions. It should be gone now though.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    The infraction tab was not supposed to show up. I didn't even know you could see it as it is turned off for mods specifically (so they look at a detail list instead of a x/x type thing). To answer the question though, from what I assume you saw, x / x would have been warnings / infractions. It should be gone now though.

yep, it's gone. Glad it's gone, kind of made me think of the scarlet letter

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I don't know if the separate firearms classified (handguns & long guns) would make much of a difference on streamlining the classifieds, didn't know there was much confusion in that. Seemed pretty straightforward to me, the way it was with just one grouping. What if someone had a handgun and a long gun to sell? Would he/she have to create two separate threads? To me it seems a bit having to spend more time creating a separate thread when you can just do it all in one shot. I don't really have a big problem with the way it is now but the other way makes more sense. Just my .02

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    They would need to do both. The thing to remember is that none of this is set in stone. If we find out an idea was good on paper, but bad in practice, we can always put it back.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    i like seperate wtt wts wtb. regions is not a bad idea and i like rifle ,shotgun, pistol breakdown:D

Is it really that difficult? There were a total of 2 new long gun threads and 2 new handgun threads yesterday.
    If they are broken down WTB, WTS, WTT, by region and pistol, revolver, shotgun, rifle, rimfire, etc. you may go weeks with no new listings in some classified sections.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom