What's your EDC knife of choice?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Spyderco Chinook II is my choice. That is sometimes backed up with a custom knife with a 3" Wharncliffe blade carried in an IWB sheath.

Blown330

I shoot therefore I am.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    S'port
    I have too many to choose a solid EDC. Usually depends on what I want to carry. Usually tactical folders since that is most of what my collection is. For a while it was a Cold Steel Recon 1 tanto, the a CRKT M16-14M, then a M16-01T, then a Benchmade Mini-Grip, and right now a Gerber mini Applegate-Fairbairn. If I'm going out to my favorite haunts I usually take the Emerson Commander BTS or a Microtech SOCOM elite auto.

Not all of them...

knives37cg.jpg

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Hell yeah he's still around, and the principles he put on the table will be around for the rest of our lives!

I'm going to make a knife as soon as I find a sturdy stainless steel plate of the right thickness.

I know, stainless sucks for holding blades...but it will be fun to make!

Blown330

I shoot therefore I am.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    S'port
    Cut up a piece off of a lawnmower blade. Medium carbon steel usually (if not a high carbon in some cases) and generally about 1/8 inch thick. HRC in the low 40's initially so there is still room for some heat treatment.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I carry this one daily
    swhrtmg.gif

I just bought these to try and learn to throw knives accurately. For $10 plus shipping on ebay, I could not say no.
    3BlkBoot.jpg

And I also just bought this one as a neat little carry for when SHTF
    SWHRT9B.jpg

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I used to be somewhat accurate a few years ago just playing around with my mom's kitchen knives:D

When I was looking for a good boot knife I came across those. 7" overall length with a 3.75" blade

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I bought a SOG Twitch XL on sale for $42 the other day, Spanky posted the offer as well, and I have to say...VERY impressed with it!

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Years ago my now ex-wife gave me a Cold "detective special" pocket knife. It was kind of a joke. When she first started to shoot with me we found a Colt DS snubby in .38 special. You had a 50% chance of missing anything you shot at while holding the barrel against it. Needless the say the knife has been more dependable than the gun. It even rode on the front of the car for about 2 months. It is the first thing I put on in the morning.

Top Bottom