Why don't people like S&W Sigmas?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SeaZast

Nawlins AK Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Nawlins
    Why don't people like S&W Sigmas? They seem to me to be nice guns. Have they had problems in the past? Is it the polymer frame? Is it the cheap price? What gives?

I am in the market for a new gun. I will probably chose a Taurus, but the Sigmas are the same price range and might consider that...

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Brick triggers, problems with the sear, copy of a design that was slaughtered by S&W, and its a BEEEEE to replace the trigger springs.

DID I mentioned brick triggers??????????

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    PM vincentbuckles if I remember correctly he had emailed and talked to the engineering group of S&W about the faults in the design of the Sigma so he can probably tell you a lot more from his professional experience.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Because people that buy Smiths regard them as quality firearms and the Sigma doesn't come close to that adjective.

Last edited:

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Trigger mainly. I have one. It is fine for what it is. A defensive handgun. You wouldn't want to compete with it. Put a light under it and put it in a drawer. You will have to definitively that you want it to go off before it will. You will be pulling and yanking on that trigger for a long time, but when you get it tugged back it will go bang without a doubt. (at least mine has).

bhp9mm

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 26, 2007
    slidell,la
    i like smith and wesson guns but the sigma is one of the worst ones they ever made the newer ones work and shoot ok but the trigger pull sucks i had one but would never own one again

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Now Now

Now Now

I own a S&W Sigma sw40ve that I sent to a gentleman by the name of Frank in Texas who for NO CHARGE 0 nilch including shipping back and forth to work on the trigger. He got all the sand/gritt out of the trigger and it came back a totally different gun!:D Oh did I mention for FREE

Took a fair pistola and made it a more than enjoyable firearm!

My 2cents anyway!

08-17-10004.jpg

You aint to smarty if you ain't carrying a 40;)

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I have one....I put it in the top drawer next to the bed...it goes to the range for a workout, then right back into the drawer.

For the price, it's in a class by itself. Better guns cost more. Worse guns cost the same or less....

that's how I feel about it....

03GeeTee

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The trigger in original form does suck... However, I have one in .40 and it has been perfectly reliable for me. IMO it's one of the best values out there

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I've never pressed a worse trigger. That's not really saying much, because I tend to avoid shooting guns with poor reputations.

The Sigma I have the most experience with is in .40 and chokes enough on FMJ for me to never want to stake my life on one. Pretty good ergonomics, though-- but it's not nearly enough to redeem the whole package.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    I have the springfield xd9 and absolutely love it, but I would also take a sigma anytime, I think they are actually pretty simple to fix their triggers (not as easy as a glock though) but that could be because I am use to working on old commie designs. Granted starting off with like a used glock, xd, or m&p would be better I think the sigmas are still worth the money.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom