Are AR's that good or are they just a doodlers hobby

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I hear and see a whole lot about AR's. It seems like everyone that has one spends many hours and moocho de niro playing with them. Kinda like someone with a two tone car that goes around puttin' on mag wheels and antennas all over it.

Are the AR's really that good functionally or are they mostly a play toy kinda thing. Just curious.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Well they are that good. They are a very versitile firearm. They can be made into great varmint/predator rigs or can be made into self defense or combat style weapons. They appeal to lots of different people because of this. They function good and shoot a low recoil round which also appeals to more shooters.

Sure....some people over do things as far as the attachments go but to each their own. Its their gun.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I hear and see a whole lot about AR's. It seems like everyone that has one spends many hours and moocho de niro playing with them. Kinda like someone with a two tone car that goes around puttin' on mag wheels and antennas all over it.

Are the AR's really that good functionally or are they mostly a play toy kinda thing. Just curious.

One should own at least one weapon that can fire .223 and one that can fire x39. The thought is that if there is a ground war in the US that these two calibers will be the most used rifle calibers, with the 5.45 close behind. SO one might want to be able to shoot the ammo that might be in mass supply during such a conflict. Think of all the popos that carry an AR, now think of who might be the first to go during said conflict and leave their guns and ammo behind. That is the only reason I have not sold off my AK to fund other projects.

They also make great rifles to shoot poodles and to help people feel adequate:rofl:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    One should own at least one weapon that can fire .223 and one that can fire x39. The thought is that if there is a ground war in the US that these two calibers will be the most used rifle calibers, with the 5.45 close behind. SO one might want to be able to shoot the ammo that might be in mass supply during such a conflict. Think of all the popos that carry an AR, now think of who might be the first to go during said conflict and leave their guns and ammo behind. That is the only reason I have not sold off my AK to fund other projects.

They also make great rifles to shoot poodles and to help people feel adequate:rofl:

You have watched "Red Dawn" way too many times! hehehe

(I own one of each too)

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

IF there were ammo to be 'picked up' their'll be a rifle next to it.

ONLY reason the AR is so prevelent... is the military/cops use it (And the reason so many PD's use it is b/c many are vets AND they can get M16's from the Gov't INSANELY cheap)

IF that were not the case... nobody'd use the POS.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MrGlock
    Top Bottom