ATF Announces Pistol Brace "Amnesty" Period: What It Means For You

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Careful you fall into all that $hit you keep stirring
    Weeellll being your the *hit in the pot I'm stirring I'm being really careful not to fall into it. But thanks for the advice or opinion or whatever it is that you do.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Weeellll being your the *hit in the pot I'm stirring I'm being really careful not to fall into it. But thanks for the advice or opinion or whatever it is that you do.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.
    A good child will generally find a way to entertain himself. Looks like you’ve found yours. Well done little one.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    good video but watch the last bit, kinda explains how its physically impossible

2020 they processed 512,000 applications... at the rate they did that it would take them 78 years to process all of the pistol brace applications if they were able to maintain the same amount of speed as 2020... and btw they are supposed to do this for free because of amnesty lol 78 years of work for free

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    good video but watch the last bit, kinda explains how its physically impossible

2020 they processed 512,000 applications... at the rate they did that it would take them 78 years to process all of the pistol brace applications if they were able to maintain the same amount of speed as 2020... and btw they are supposed to do this for free because of amnesty lol 78 years of work for free

Did that guy say (about 20 times) that the ATF had a registry? Because I thought I heard him say they had info going back 20 years.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    What will REALLY screw with people if the ATF makes a new category, and forces people to register them as a "Pistol braced weapon" and gives an amnesty with no $200 requirement. Then you are stuck with that ridiculous looking pistol brace forever.
    Then couldn’t you just “manufacture” it to a sbr, just like we are the maker to rifles or pistols to an sbr? We would just make a pistol brace to a sbr… I’m guessing…. Lol

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Then couldn’t you just “manufacture” it to a sbr, just like we are the maker to rifles or pistols to an sbr? We would just make a pistol brace to a sbr… I’m guessing…. Lol
    Yup, totally could. But I'd bet they levy the standard $200 stamp cost on it to be an SBR, but waive it for a permanent "Pistol braced weapon" or some other new category

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m wondering what the AFT will mandate as far as what a AR pistol has to look like once this takes effect. I’m thinking they’re going to insist on a plain pistol buffer tube or it’ll be a SBR. No milspec adjustable carbine buffer tubes allowed. Then they’ll receive a letter from some joker asking if it’s legal to slip a tennis ball onto the end and shoulder fire it and if you own a tennis ball with a hole cut in it you’re going to jail…or some company will produce a pad to fit on the end and we’ll make full circle back to this moment. What a crazy ass mess.
    SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I’m wondering what the AFT will mandate as far as what a AR pistol has to look like once this takes effect. I’m thinking they’re going to insist on a plain pistol buffer tube or it’ll be a SBR. No milspec adjustable carbine buffer tubes allowed. Then they’ll receive a letter from some joker asking if it’s legal to slip a tennis ball onto the end and shoulder fire it and if you own a tennis ball with a hole cut in it you’re going to jail…or some company will produce a pad to fit on the end and we’ll make full circle back to this moment. What a crazy ass mess.
    SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
    I literally posted a link to the document with the criteria in post #3.

Rougarou3687

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2022
    Maurepas
    So if I'm already have NFA items so I'm on the list anyway, I'll be able to get free form 1s SBRs for all of my stripped lowers? Like 50 of them?
    Then once I'm approved, I can just put stocks on all of them because they are SBRs, and throw away the "50" braces that I totally have?
    I was wondering the same thing. The ruling is garbage, but free tax stamp for something I was planning to build anyway

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    They will release some sort of aSsUlT wEaPoN style checklist for braces that will determine if it's a brace or stock.
    Well I hope it covers the rules of what is considered a pistol. An AR pistol that you don’t have to worry about going to jail for.
    I only have one so I’m not interested in turning it into a SBR, free stamp or not. I would just go full out SBR at that point. If I had 10 I could see the sense in going halfway for free, if the ATF does indeed give a pass on the fee.
    Again, the way it’s all being done turns my stomach and I don’t want any part of it. I can’t in good conscience go along with this crock of shinola, as I feel that doing so is giving the AFT the nod. I do not approve.

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    Well I hope it covers the rules of what is considered a pistol. An AR pistol that you don’t have to worry about going to jail for.
    I only have one so I’m not interested in turning it into a SBR, free stamp or not. I would just go full out SBR at that point. If I had 10 I could see the sense in going halfway for free, if the ATF does indeed give a pass on the fee.
    Again, the way it’s all being done turns my stomach and I don’t want any part of it. I can’t in good conscience go along with this crock of shinola, as I feel that doing so is giving the AFT the nod. I do not approve.
    The biggest restriction really is the 4 lb without accessories limit. Other than that, you can still build some shitty fixed position shockwave build with a certain handstop/optic combo.

Top Bottom