Cairo protesters scale U.S. Embassy wall, remove flag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Radical Islam is an ideology. You can not kill fanatics faster than the Jihadis can create them. All you will succeed in doing is driving the moderate majority farther towards the extreme. These are all consequences that we knew up front were going to come
    Part and parcel with regime
    Change.

So pull out and apologize while our people get killed? How can we fight back without doing it so much so that average Muslim's in the middle east don't get pushed further and further to extremism with our presence? Seems that no matter what we do we lose. We keep bombing their leaders but more and more pop up.

rob52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    No I have not fought in a war but that does not exclude me from judging who fights with purpose and resolve. It is clear that this country has decided victory is only secondary to offending those we are at war or conflict with. Since we have not fought in a declared war since World War II, under your concept, only a few would then have the right to judge.
    If we are going to put our men and women in harms way and expect them to die for their country or what ever cause they are sent out for, and then limit their actions and set up pre concieved exit dates than we do not honor them nor the people we are supposed to be defending.
    I personally could care less what Islam believes or how they live their lives until they kill innocent Americans.
    As long as I am an American, as long as I pay taxes and as long as I live I will defend this nation to the best of my ability regardless of wether or not I have fought in a war that is unless of course war experience is a requirement of free speech.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Believe it or not if you give them some time, some resources, and in some cases security they will seperate themselves.

Oh I believe it, it's just such a slow process. I mean for centuries now it's as if Islamist are still not content. How much effort does it take for them to be willing to shed blood? Doesn't seem like much.

What I would have rather seen is them dragging the dead body of the trigger puller who shot the US Ambassador. That's REAL change Americans can see with their own eyes on TV.

I know it’s possible though and I understand fully your comment on security. More than once in Afghan we had ‘villagers’ dragging out a declared Taliban member and pretty much handing him over to us.

The folks in Fallujah after Phantom Fury were constantly reporting IED’s and suspicious people/activity. Plenty became CI’s and lots of them ended up giving their lives for helping but of course we were actively patrolling therefore constantly providing SECURITY!

So I know it’s possible, but being back here in the States and more disconnected from there than I previously was, it just doesn’t seem as clear to me.

Oh and I agree about Obama, dude has had no problem it seems clearing hot for drone strikes and has taken much criticism for it too.

Last edited:

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    A statement made by an alleged witness said that a group of radical Islamists belonging to Ansar Al-Sharia were the ones that organized the attack.

http://observers.france24.com/content/20120912-exclusive-testimony-islamists-attack-us-consulate-benghazi-ambassador-libya-ansar-al-sharia-film-muslims

I've read that the plan was to use the protest over the anti-muslim film as a cover for the attack, and that the attack was supposed to be revenge for our recent killing of Al-Qaeda's No. 2.

This sh*t is deplorable, and I suspect that the swift action it deserves will not be given.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    A statement made by an alleged witness said that a group of radical Islamists belonging to Ansar Al-Sharia were the ones that organized the attack.

http://observers.france24.com/content/20120912-exclusive-testimony-islamists-attack-us-consulate-benghazi-ambassador-libya-ansar-al-sharia-film-muslims

I've read that the plan was to use the protest over the anti-muslim film as a cover for the attack, and that the attack was supposed to be revenge for our recent killing of Al-Qaeda's No. 2.

This sh*t is deplorable, and I suspect that the swift action it deserves will not be given.

So you use your assets in the region to determine if that's true.Then you develop a target profile of Ansar Al-Sharia and you identify who's loss makes them hurt and you visit death upon them in the night. You remove cancer with a scalpel not with a band saw.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    So pull out and apologize while our people get killed? How can we fight back without doing it so much so that average Muslim's in the middle east don't get pushed further and further to extremism with our presence? Seems that no matter what we do we lose. We keep bombing their leaders but more and more pop up.

Chad are you retarded? We do is successfully all the time. Google Drone Strike. No one is saying pull out. Right now their are people identifying the perpetrators and formulating a plan,

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    We, the US spends way to much time analyzing what an "appropriate" response to this or that should be, and then pondering the net effect on the people targeted and then how they will feel or react.... I say enough of the bullshi*, to heck with measured response.. We should put troops on the ground in Libya and stomp the guts out of anyone that tries to intervene. If you are an enemy of America then here we are, if your not then stay in your home until this is over.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

Agreed..

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    We, the US spends way to much time analyzing what an "appropriate" response to this or that should be, and then pondering the net effect on the people targeted and then how they will feel or react.... I say enough of the bullshi*, to heck with measured response.. We should put troops on the ground in Libya and stomp the guts out of anyone that tries to intervene. If you are an enemy of America then here we are, if your not then stay in your home until this is over.

That almost sounds like the plot to a particular 80's movie starring Patrick Swayze that is being re-made...

It also sounds like an awful idea.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Chad are you retarded? We do is successfully all the time. Google Drone Strike. No one is saying pull out. Right now their are people identifying the perpetrators and formulating a plan,

This is 100% correct. A lot of intel is gathered in vaults locked inside vaults and handed down to people who do what needs to be done.

Let's hope so. (Not the part about Chad)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008

That will solve nothing and will result in the loss of more blood and treasure.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    That almost sounds like the plot to a particular 80's movie starring Patrick Swayze that is being re-made...

Nah, that movie was already made.

chucknorris-m60.jpg

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    So you use your assets in the region to determine if that's true.Then you develop a target profile of Ansar Al-Sharia and you identify who's loss makes them hurt and you visit death upon them in the night. You remove cancer with a scalpel not with a band saw.

I agree. This isn't a kill them all situation.

However, it is a perfect time for a fledgling Libyan government to stand up and announce they deplore the situation and that they will be giving us full cooperation in bringing those responsible to justice.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    There is no Libyan Gov. There is a gaggle **** in Tripoli. They are all beholden to the Militias that put them in place there is no Rule of Law or Central Gov just 100 Tribal Miltias.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

However, it is a perfect time for a fledgling Libyan government to stand up and announce they deplore the situation and that they will be giving us full cooperation in bringing those responsible to justice.

Ok... I'll hold my breath.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

Bad idea? It used to be a bad idea to mess with Americans... I'm telling you folks, the only thing those people understand is violence.. Continue to use a velvet glove with these radicals and see what happens... The whole world is watching and waiting to see how we respond to this....

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

I'd take a public hanging of those involved via Cell Phone footage as an apology and the best way to show their country this is what you can expect from here on out.

Too much to ask?

Do they even have leaders?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom