Couldn't jail him so now those loser dirtbags are trying to assassinate him!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    I was definitely surprised at the number of female Secret Service agents they had not saying is wrong. Just definitely did not expect that when they were putting Trump in the car you can clearly see 10 to 12 female secret service agents around the car…. I know there’s stories of Trump requested a lot more Secret Service detail and was denied it. Maybe this is part of it. Also, maybe he was given a sub-par team of Secret Service agents also, who knows
    Too much estrogen in the air emboldens would-be assassins

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I dont know here. I did Executive Protection for a long time and then taught it for even longer. I find it very hard to believe they let this happen. I would never in my wildest dreams even let the thought enter my mind of someone hurting my protectee. I would attribute this to incompetence more than malice.

I am truly baffled on the Advance Team though. I am more skeptical of them more than anyone else. I have done hundreds of legitimate high threat advances. I was on the protection team and advance team for three U.S. Ambassadors. I know what a proper high threat advance entails. There is absolutely zero, zero, possibility they didnt see that high ground and make a conscious decision not to secure it. I have a big problem with this. We would own the terrain or take over the high ground structures within min 600-800 meters of the venue, and often more than that. Some of them would be at the limit of the rifles of our DDM's. This makes no sense to me. If they were short staffed then give up local terrain because everyone is run thru magnetometers. Own the high ground instead.

The protection team is definitely the rejects from other details. He should have been pulled off that stage and foot mobile, even if being carried, seconds after he took cover. Its insane to me they didnt get off the X. I was on heavy counter assault for quite a while and know their jobs too. WTF was counter assault doing they didnt get rounds on target, even suppressive, and rifle plates surrounding MOGUL while the USSS got off their asses to evac.

I had multiple conversations thru the day with guys who did the same job and we were all baffled. I still cant go as far as saying setup, but staggering incompetence along with a short handed detail are definite.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    According to the experts, his position was OUTSIDE of the perimeter which is a load of Bovine fecal matter. 148 yards that’s a shot that could be made with a .22 rifle if practiced.
    The outer ring size is directly correlated to the weapons an adversary could use. Semi Auto rifles are the norm in assaults and the third ring of protection should reflect it. Local L.E. should own the outer ring.

Gumby Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2024
    Jackson Ms metro
    Thats what the red head freak said. He told the police about the gunman and 3-4 minutes went by and Trump was still on stage. He said SS were look at me with Binos and i was pointing at the roof. Still nothing. 5 shots raing out and fractions of a second later the gunmans head split open. Remember the SS let this happen they did nothing to prevent the shooting. This was a hit job by the democrats and deepstate. Without a doubt.
    There’s a video clip of the counter sniper team looking towards the position but doing nothing, till after the shots were fired. Then there’s no interrogation to be had because his brains are all over the roof take him

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    I have yet to see anyone make mention of the water tower. Would that not be the obvious position for an over-watch to set up?

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    I have yet to see anyone make mention of the water tower. Would that not be the obvious position for an over-watch to set up?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    According to the experts, his position was OUTSIDE of the perimeter which is a load of Bovine fecal matter. 148 yards that’s a shot that could be made with a .22 rifle if practiced.

You can clearly see his position was outside of the perimeter. There should be zero question about that. The position was on the roof of a business outside of the event.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 1.21.49 PM.png

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    You can clearly see his position was outside of the perimeter. There should be zero question about that. The position was on the roof of a business outside of the event.

View attachment 168405
    Dont view it as the venue itself and the fence. There are interlocking rings of protection. That position should have been staffed, even with a local cop.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    It's hard not to go conspiratorial. This stinks of a set up.
    I used to think that way but then realized the guys i worked with in a previous life were all combat vets, or SWAT cops, and all Alpha's who had seen some type of shootings or combat. They were some of the most amazing people I have worked with ever. We would go out of our way to overplan and overprepare for every eventuality. Ready for intense battles on every single run. We practiced actions on contact weekly, even minute details on downed vehicle drills for a simple tire change. Every move was choregraphed, and timed.

Contrast with USSS who are college kids, some who have never been in a fistfight or used harsh language, took a two month basic protection class, and got assigned to a detail with long work hours and no remedial training.

Without adults supervising them and fixing their poor decisions you end up with yesterday.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dont view it as the venue itself and the fence. There are interlocking rings of protection. That position should have been staffed, even with a local cop.

I agree. I've done the local leo security asset. It's a pain in the ass. It's a lot of standing around waiting. We were out there every couple of blocks hours before the event just watching. There were also plain clothes FBI agents walking through the residential sections of the larger area.

In looking at the maps of the area and the google earth view from the parking lot to where the stage would be, I would have to think there would be a large local police presence in that area. That roof even looks like it would have been a good place for the SS to have set up an overwatch position.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 1.45.03 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 1.50.24 PM.png

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I dont know here. I did Executive Protection for a long time and then taught it for even longer. I find it very hard to believe they let this happen. I would never in my wildest dreams even let the thought enter my mind of someone hurting my protectee. I would attribute this to incompetence more than malice.

I am truly baffled on the Advance Team though. I am more skeptical of them more than anyone else. I have done hundreds of legitimate high threat advances. I was on the protection team and advance team for three U.S. Ambassadors. I know what a proper high threat advance entails. There is absolutely zero, zero, possibility they didnt see that high ground and make a conscious decision not to secure it. I have a big problem with this. We would own the terrain or take over the high ground structures within min 600-800 meters of the venue, and often more than that. Some of them would be at the limit of the rifles of our DDM's. This makes no sense to me. If they were short staffed then give up local terrain because everyone is run thru magnetometers. Own the high ground instead.

The protection team is definitely the rejects from other details. He should have been pulled off that stage and foot mobile, even if being carried, seconds after he took cover. Its insane to me they didnt get off the X. I was on heavy counter assault for quite a while and know their jobs too. WTF was counter assault doing they didnt get rounds on target, even suppressive, and rifle plates surrounding MOGUL while the USSS got off their asses to evac.

I had multiple conversations thru the day with guys who did the same job and we were all baffled. I still cant go as far as saying setup, but staggering incompetence along with a short handed detail are definite.
    Agreed -total FUBAR with an common odor that cannot be ignored. Unfortunately, that odor we're smelling is likely due to incompetence wholly attributable to this self absorbed culture we've (yes WE) cultivated. Brought the grands to the skating rink yesterday and I was compliant in returning to my vehicle so that my EDC item was not cause for my being asked to leave. On the way through the magnetometer I was appreciative of the staff's thoroughness. Couldn't help but notice BOTH of the detail cops were sitting comfortably nearby, wholly ignoring their mission, laser focused on their cell phones. On the way out they were in the same posture and I said, "bet ya'll are enjoying this detail, they've got some great AC in this place." It was like I was talking to two brain dead morons ...with badges and guns. They barely looked up from their phones. We have a serious top down problem -the tail is wagging the dog. Competence or the lack thereof is no longer part of the equation -just have a look at our most obvious example. The Justice Department has to raise the issue of mental acuity? We as a collective are so dumbed down that we cannot tell when a human being is in decline? Apparently so -and we let another American get murdered yesterday ...damned near lost our only hope for saving what remains of the USA. This has everything to do with the OP topic. Everyone in here with a set needs to fire the slackers, send them home so they can gratify themselves with themselves. Pull double duty so we're seen fighting for America like real Americans would.

Last edited:

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish

View attachment 168405

In whatever unit of measure you choose, please identify the security perimeter limits for this event. Your definitive statements would imply some level of expertise in this analysis.

Gumby Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2024
    Jackson Ms metro
    There was a former official somebody on the blabbering news yesterday ,they were surprised that someone took a shot with a long gun because it hadn’t been used in several of the past shootings WTH!!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thats what the red head freak said. He told the police about the gunman and 3-4 minutes went by and Trump was still on stage. He said SS were look at me with Binos and i was pointing at the roof. Still nothing. 5 shots raing out and fractions of a second later the gunmans head split open. Remember the SS let this happen they did nothing to prevent the shooting. This was a hit job by the democrats and deepstate. Without a doubt.
    I'm not disagreeing that a ball was dropped. I am saying that it's ridiculous to plainly state that the SS "let" this happen, implying that they saw the guy on the roof and knowingly allowed him to take the shot.

This ^^

Any area with a direct line of sight of the stage should have been directly covered. An elevated roof (that is the only roof!) with a view of the stage should have had folks assigned to directly cover it.

The question is where the ball was dropped. It's highly likely that someone was supposed to be covering that just didn't. I can't fathom the USSS not assigning coverage to that area, even if it's just a few local cops standing around making sure no one gets on the roof.

I was watching it live and then the replays directly afterwards and I kept saying the same thing. You even hear the agents yell "move move move" or something akin to that, yet no one moved.

The CAT guys showed up on the stage ~7 seconds after shots were fired. That seems reasonable. I believe by then the shooter was already down so they were looking for additional threats.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In whatever unit of measure you choose, please identify the security perimeter limits for this event. Your definitive statements would imply some level of expertise in this analysis.

So...let's follow the discussion. Krotsman said "How the hell do you get an AR into what one would presume is (or should be) a pretty restricted area?" He has set the context, the restricted area. That's the area for the event that's restricted. A restricted area is not the same thing as a public area. So then Gumby Hunter said "According to the experts, his position was OUTSIDE of the perimeter which is a load of Bovine fecal matter. 148 yards that’s a shot that could be made with a .22 rifle if practiced." He's saying it's BS that the shooter was outside of the perimeter. What perimeter? Well, let's look at the context. That the restricted area. So, according to his reply, Gumby Hunter thinks is BS that the shooter was outside of the perimeter of the restricted area. Well, he was. All of the pictures support that. In fact, the shooter wasn't on the same property on which the rally was being held.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom