Killed a Pitt-Bull today...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warhawk83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    NE Louisiana
    A pitt-bull comes down my driveway and attacks my dog (corgie) and tries to kill him. The only gun I had handy was my 12 gauge loaded with 00 buck. I had patterned the load so I knew pretty well what I could do without hitting my dog. It took SIX rounds of 00 buck to kill this dog. My wife was yelling the whole time trying to distract this dog but he was focused. I thought after 1 shot he would run off but no he kept going until the sixth at which point he was going for my dog's throat.I hit him in the spine and he went down. Thankfully he didn't get his throat but he broke his leg badly enough that it's being amputated in the morning.

People dump their dogs in my neighborhood when they get tired of them or can't handle them. I live in the country and I am PISSED :mad: I'm calling my police juror in the morning to try to at least get some damn signs up detailing the penalty for animal dumping. It is considered cruelty to animals but they do it ALL the time. There are two more young pitts roaming the woods. I have two young kids and there are several families with young kids as well. :mad:

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I wonder if a taser would've been more effective against these types. Sorry to hear about your troubles. It is a shame people do this. But it's a shame people do a lot of things they shouldn't do.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    sorry to hear, how many pellets out of the 6 shots do you think hit him? If you hit him with 20+ pellets that's crazy!

Warhawk83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    NE Louisiana
    I'd guess you were aiming with the bottom of the spread to avoid hitting his dog. That's still terrifying.

Yep, and all I had to work with were the shots I could take. I can tell you that every shot hit him, how much I don't know. The last shot hit him in the spine and his left side, blood gushed out on that one and he collapsed I will be looking for the other two to take those bastards out as well.

Last edited:

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I wonder if a taser would've been more effective against these types. Sorry to hear about your troubles. It is a shame people do this. But it's a shame people do a lot of things they shouldn't do.

hell no, a taser is not more effective. A good fence is great for protecting your animals as well as knowing where they are. Growing up, we did not fence our dogs and I never needed anything more than 4 shot to keep the aggressive dogs away, but when you are dealing with an aggressive and determined dog you need to make a kill shot. I have seen pits take a 30-30 and live.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Sorry to hear about your dog. Thank god you had your shotgun ready to go and where willing and capable to use it. My dogs are essentially family so I would be distraught. Good luck and keep us posted with how he fares.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Damn, thats one beastly dog, might need to invest in a 10mm to kill those things.

I killed one in San Antonio with a .32ACP... if it was a pure breed. Foaming at the mouth... standing there growling at the door.... it looked satanic. Wife on phone with police. Police said to shoot it. I did. She said, "Well?" I said, "its just standing there." She said, "They said to shoot it again."

Warhawk83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    NE Louisiana
    Yeah, After this incident I put 2 slugs in the tube. I'll also be getting a side saddle for spares because guys, I swear, I didn't even think the 6th round was gonna kill this frickin dog!

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    glad the corg lived through that.. sorry you had shoot the other one, no choice but to kill it ... leave out some fresh food the others will be around.. use something besides 00 .. slugs are way better..

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom