M-16 VS AK-47.....Again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    battel rifle would be more M1 Garand, M14 , FAL, HK91 >>>>A battle rifle is a military service rifle that fires a full power rifle cartridge, such as 7.62x51mm NATO. While the designation of battle rifle is usually given to post-World War II select fire infantry rifles such as the H&K G3, the FN FAL or the M14,[1] this term can also apply to older military bolt-action or semi-automatic rifles such as the Mosin-Nagant, Mauser 98k, Lee-Enfield or the M1 Garand.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    anyone want to make a 9mm vs .45 thread? :rofl:

23929d1247890424-settling-9mm-vs-45-debate-44.jpg

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    battel rifle would be more M1 Garand, M14 , FAL, HK91 >>>>A battle rifle is a military service rifle that fires a full power rifle cartridge, such as 7.62x51mm NATO. While the designation of battle rifle is usually given to post-World War II select fire infantry rifles such as the H&K G3, the FN FAL or the M14,[1] this term can also apply to older military bolt-action or semi-automatic rifles such as the Mosin-Nagant, Mauser 98k, Lee-Enfield or the M1 Garand.
    Thank you for your infomative answer.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    If I could own one in full auto configuration hands down I'd want the AK. If not blasting full auto I'd prefer AR accuracy. I think the M16A4 with 3 round burst is a more practical weapon and is closer to what you would want from a battle rifle then the AK.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Yes. An Assault rifle is (By definition) a Select fire, Intermediate round firing weapon.

Battle rifles are pretty much .308 and up.
    (7.5 Etc also, but there's not much of them...)
    Once you take away full auto fun switch all you have is a sporter rifle not a assult rifle no matter what the media would like you to think.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    If I could own one in full auto configuration hands down I'd want the AK. If not blasting full auto I'd prefer AR accuracy. I think the M16A4 with 3 round burst is a more practical weapon and is closer to what you would want from a battle rifle then the AK.

How is this?

1 round on target, one round high, but on target, 3rd round misses. (If you don't know what you are doing)
    If you DO know what you are doing... you can get whatever you want out of a FA.
    The 3 shot Burst was the beginning of the modern attempt to make hardware replace training.

If you release it quickly (I usedta could get single shots out of the M249 SAW) your next trigger pull gets you the remainder of the 3 round burst (So if the first time is 2 rounds, the second is one, before resetting to 3 rounds again)

As to this 240, RPD etc...

PKM is THE BEST general Purpose MG out there.

END OF DISCUSSION!
    (Few with beltfed experience will argue with me....)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom