M-16 VS AK-47.....Again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    What the F*** is going on here? I left a great thread yesterday. I check back this morning for a pulse starter, and everybody is singing kumbaya.:eek3::mad:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Well, Leonidas, I've been trying to be respectful to a fellow veteran, especially since he wasn't a marine.
    But-
    Since you want a flame a flame war, I'm happy to oblige :)
    I've been avoiding sounding like an Internet Ranger, but I wasn't a REMF. I was Cav, and if you ain't Cav, you ain't ****. Nomad, your opinion no longer counts.

The 75gr HPBT from a 20" barrel is far Superior to any 7.62x39 round since the Ballistic coefficient is much smaller and the bullet stays supersonic longer, making a larger temporary wound cavity at longer ranges. (this has been proven to be inconclusive evidence for killing power, but since IM stating it as a fact it must be true.)

My knowledge of physics, since I studied it in college, tells me Kinetic Energy is equivalent to the mass off the bullet multiplied by the Square of it's velocity, so the faster bullet has Way more killing power! (Also proven to be inconclusive since what matters is how/where that energy is transferred, but since I heard it on a forum it must be true)

I can drill golf balls at 200 yards open sights with my AR (this is actually true, I have RR national match sights and if the lighting is good and I'm in the prone I Can do it), but an AK can't hit a damned thing outside of 150m (what I actually mean to say is "I can't hit damned thing with an AK outside of 150")

Jw, it's been decided that no one cares what your opinion is. You haven't been there, you don't know anything.

SpeedRacer, how them raccoons doing?

Ok, that's as obnoxious as I can be. Let the flame war begin!

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have shot exactly 30 rounds through and AR and around 40 through an AK, so I'm not an expert by an means, but hey, this is the internet. :D

I had a FtF with AK. :p One of the last rounds in the magazine didn't fire (ammo problem), but when I tried to rack the bolt to eject it, the heat of the chamber (we had been shooting all afternoon) had expanded the steel case and it jammed in the chamber. We had to get a wooden mallet and beat on the charging handle to extract the round. :lol:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I have shot exactly 30 rounds through and AR and around 40 through an AK, so I'm not an expert by an means, but hey, this is the internet. :D

I had a FtF with AK. :p One of the last rounds in the magazine didn't fire (ammo problem), but when I tried to rack the bolt to eject it, the heat of the chamber (we had been shooting all afternoon) had expanded the steel case and it jammed in the chamber. We had to get a wooden mallet and beat on the charging handle to extract the round. :lol:
    :squint:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    9 pages of pizza eatting material

Y'all getting good at this.

Not all AK's are built alike, not all Ar's are built alike

Not all Ak's will run like a stubburn mule, not all Ar's are bullet proof

30 cal against 20 cal, big againts small, accurate against reliable

your mom is ugly but so is your sister .........................................

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge

It wasn't just me who was shooting. :D We had been shooting several different weapons, and between about 4-5 of us, we got to shoot about 30 rounds each through the AK. I was last in line, and the weapon was very hot.

But like I said, this is the internet. :D

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

Can't wait to hear the cheerleaders excuse for this one :mamoru:

Everytime one of these threads get going I usualy go through and collect all the MANY different (but of Course Valid :rolleyes: )excuses given for why an AK failed. Then reading them one by one I laugh my ass off!

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    :hi5: Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. You guys never fail to deliver. Kudo's to returninglibert, who's apparently to dense to spell liberal. I know this is so cause I saw it right here on the interwebz. :kiss:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Can't wait to hear the cheerleaders excuse for this one :mamoru:

Everytime one of these threads get going I usualy go through and collect all the MANY different (but of Course Valid :rolleyes: )excuses given for why an AK failed. Then reading them one by one I laugh my ass off!

Really though, does that one even deserve justification? No clue what kind of ammo, what type of AK, etc. Like Pablo said, there's both shitty AKs and shitty ARs out there that aren't exemplary of the platform.

Raaah raaah raaah! Give me an A! A! Give me a K! K! What does that spell?! AWESOME!

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Can we all just agree that the M14 is superior to either and be done with it?

No cause the M 14 is heavy as **** and humping it all day up mountains would be pure hell.
    Perhaps, MAYBE, FN is on to something with the SCAR-H. It's been blooded and the reports are good so far. But we're supposed to be fighting over AR/AK, so get on board and pick a side. Doesn't matter which.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom