What is the best plastic pistol out right now and why?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    And as far as "match" goes, that just means that the bore and chamber have been made to tighter tolerances and hammer forged. You can get this same thing if you have a regular XD, by sending your gun to the Springfield custom shop.

But at the end of the day, the gun is more accurate than you are...

It's nice to get the custom feature right out the box and not hassle sending the gun into Springer or the like. Yes, the gun can definitely out shoot me. For me it was a matter of convenience. :)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Im saying both the P30 and P2000 are probably better built than the G19. I don't think that makes them better guns, just better built.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Based on what I know about HK pistols, most of which comes from Wilcox, there won't be a Sriker Fired HK Auto until a .mil or large European Police Contract demands one. Unlike S&W, Glock, or SiG, HK is not beholden to the US LE market. They have very little market share here and they are ok with that. For Cops in the US your stuck with the P2000 and USP. Safariland doesn't do much for the P30 and as of right now Safariland makes the only credible retention holsters.

For me and my personal choice im just to heavily invested in 9mm Glocks and their support gear. The P30 is a better built pistol. There isn't a doubt. The P2000 is also pretty nice but neither performs better enough for me to consider a switch.

Well put. On HKPRO one of the guys there stated - as has LAV, for what it's worth - confirmed that it was a project and has/had a Project Number - P46. What cones of it remains to be seen. If it can reduce the investment cost such that the pistol's MSRP is $700 vs $1025 (for the P30 LEM) then they just MAY go ahead and produce it. I also find the market fairly "saturated" so profitability may be negatively affected though $1k P30s (though the sell for $870 or so) is difficult and will become more difficult with the failing/stalling Global Economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA
    Not really. I'd say a Mercedes is built better than a Honda Civic too. But if I had to drive 100K miles straight in one, I'd take the Civic.

100K straight? Civic>Mercedes? I know it's a fictitious scenario, but really? My back hurts just thinking about driving 100 miles straight in a civic.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    But its not. And IF butterflys had machine guns birds wouldn't f%*k with em. There are like it or not other factors involved in the comparison. For instance both come with sorry sights. The glock sights can be replaced by anyone of at least a hundred aftermarket options. The HK...not so much. Holsters, ecspecially dury holsters, are close to impossible to find. And I think the accuracy argument is overblown. I am accurate with a glock as im sure I would be with an HK. I don't need to be any more accurate than I am. My mates with Border Patrol say mostly good things about the P2000 in .40 though.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I would but im too bust texting Jay every 2.5 minutes. You saw the barrel gauging apparatus.

That doesnt mean better built. Id like to see the difference in accuracy between a straightened and non-straightened barrel. My guess is that it is next to nothing.

Try ever 0.8 minutes.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Step away from the plastic, it's not the plastic you're looking for,...................

dsc05452zm4.jpg

dsc05463co2.jpg

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Step away from the plastic, it's not the plastic you're looking for,...................

dsc05452zm4.jpg

dsc05463co2.jpg

You do realize that Darth Vader in his prime had carried a Glock 21, right?

In his later years, he apparently scaled things down a bit from the large-gripped G 21 and went with one of the standard frame models.....
    darth-vader-videos,F-5-255857-13.jpg

darth-vader-videos,F-6-255858-13.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    And they aren't even parts that make sense. For the record I'd take Sophia....but.....Lucile would probably be less uptight.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How are the rear Heinie sights? I've seen some past pictures of them installed, but I never really sold myself on them. The only reason is the absence of any "catch" for one-handed manipulation. I've used the Meprolight Tru-Dot on my HK45C for this reason.

mepro.jpg

mepro02.jpg

They are awesome. They come in 3 widths but for HKs I think they are all wide rear width notches (0.156 inches). And they come in two heights - "normal" and tactical. Thy are quick for me but not as quick as, say, a 10-8 rear or Trijicon HD with wide rear notches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I prefer Glock because I shoot them better than any other brand.

Another reason I like glock is because they are magical. It's the only brand I know of that manage to go up in value when they are posted for sale on this website. It has to be magic...

JR1572

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    never miss at 200 yards
    Top Bottom