Explosion at the Boston Marathon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I don't watch much TV news, but I flipped it on the news today, and saw video I didn't comprehend. Where people really continuing to race after the bombing? It looked like one lady didn't change pace and kept running towards, then past the explosion like it was just an annoyance in her day.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I don't watch much TV news, but I flipped it on the news today, and saw video I didn't comprehend. Where people really continuing to race after the bombing? It looked like one lady didn't change pace and kept running towards, then past the explosion like it was just an annoyance in her day.

Something like that might be hard to process especially tired and dehydrated. I'd assume that kind of thing does weird **** to people

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    OleHeat that's very reminiscent of the UAV screens we'd study, especially with FLIR capability. I could be wrong though Apaches, Kiowas, and Blackhawks had very similar technologies. Still have a bunch of gnarly videos of both UAV and Helicopter from deployment, I'll have to break them out and drink some suds and study.

:hi5: :beer: :naughty:

Wellll.....That's always a good thing to do regardless! :cheers:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La

I've never run a marathon but I have run for about 2 hours and I've force marched for 12. You get zoned out.

When you ran marathons were you as alert at mile 26 as you are now? I would think not but just curious.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

In the initial bombing video that was something I thought was very strange, I guess if if you were in the thick of it and trapped between barricades there is only 1 way to go.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I've never run a marathon but I have run for about 2 hours and I've force marched for 12. You get zoned out.

When you ran marathons were you as alert at mile 26 as you are now? I would think not but just curious.

Don't plan on running any marathons,longest I run on a regular basis is a mile, but I do regularly exercise in a competitive environment at least 5 times a week. I know what it is like to push past the pain and keep going. I know that zoned out feeling, but I feel it is more like a "zoned in" feeling on the task you are trying to complete, but I would imagine I would notice a bomb going off.

I could be wrong, I might not notice. I had just never seen the video angle I saw today and it struck me as odd, almost like the opening to "Weeds".

Edit: All other video I saw was of people running to help other people, and not to or from the blast, I am sure it was seconds or minutes after the blast, not as the blast was occurring.

Last edited:

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Edit: All other video I saw was of people running to help other people, and not to or from the blast, I am sure it was seconds or minutes after the blast, not as the blast was occurring.

I had heard that some runners were running straight through the finish line to go donate blood, but it seems like the pace would have changed. Dont know

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm glad they got him alive. Hopefully he will talk and provide good information. Then they can execute him.

Hopefully but I'm not too optimistic.

I doubt this young terrorist was involved in hearing or knowing anything more than just "do this, go there, follow your brother, meet your virgin’s yata yata". There may be a thread worth pulling out, but doubtful it leads to unraveling anything more.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is an interesting legal case for a number of reasons. Did anyone hear the audio of Boston Mayor Tom Menino say "Who cares!" when asked by a reporter of the then captured "alleged" bombers condition?

Think about that for a second?!?

I think everyone "Knew" he was one of the bombers. I think everyone "knew" he and his brother had just shot at police and thrown bombs at them in the chase. I think everyone "knew" those two probably killed the MIT cop.

But are we now at a "selective" jurisprudence stage of our existence? Could it be time to unblur the lines on what we should and shouldn't expect when the next POS commits the crime of terror? What is the debate on whether he will be an enemy combatant or a regular suspect?

How about we set the rules so everyone "knows" what to expect?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    How they deal with this guy is going to be a litmus test for everything opponents of the NDAA complained about. This guy is an American citizen with all the same rights and protections you or I should have if we are charged with a crime.

How they proceed from this point is a testament to how much liberty we have left. "They hate us for our freedom" indeed...

Boston (to include the FBI and other decision makers involved) has already committed some major **** ups, imo. Hopefully they redeem themselves.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Anyone see the video of the loudmouth aunt living in Canada claiming they're being set up?

I found this part interesting:

Ms. Tsarnaeva described a family steeped in hardship that stressed education as a way of overcoming the difficulties they encountered due to their Chechen background. *We’ve always been persecuted for being Chechen,* said she said *That’s why we say study, study, study. Some of us studied law to find some way of protecting ourselves.".

As one of four trained lawyers in the family, Ms. Tsarnaeva was responsible for the paperwork that brought much of her family to North America.

Well....Thank the hell out of you, lady. :madfawk:

So now I wonder....How many Chechen terrorists did she defend "back home"?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/aunt-of-suspects-in-boston-bombings-wants-more-proof-of-their-guilt/article11431136/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom