Jury Finds Sig Liable.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was an AO in the navy

I would think they would have done everything they could to teach you to not drop stuff.

in weapons department. Also took a 6 month billet to security and extended it for an additional 6 months. I’ve spent countless hours in the armory on board USS Nimitz doing weapon handling/ training. None of that is really relevant to a civilian dropping a carry gun but that’s just my .02

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    No need to apologize I didn’t take any of it personally.

We just see this often where a guy will boast about their military service as if shooting/ weapons handling isn’t a perishable skill. Just kinda makes me scratch my head and wonder sometimes, that’s all.
    The ones boasting about their Military service usually did nothing combat, weapons, or action related. I've found the ones that have stickers all over their cars, use their former rank on websites, and related have done very little and had almost no weapons training.

I worked with 95 instructors at one of our schoolhouses, vast majority operational, or Tier One guys and none of them boasted about their credentials. The two Team Six Gold and CAG guys were the most laid back normal guys ive met. Just smart as fuk. The 5,000+ students that came thru rarely spoke about it because they didn't need to and it would be frowned upon. If you were there your resume got you there and nothing else was needed. On week one and two we quickly found out who was weapons competent or who needed to go.

I recall one occasion in six years someone dropped a pistol, on the draw, on a firing line and he immediately went away. Completely unacceptable. Another forgot to close the retention on his pistol holster, after a transition, (with UTM rounds) and lost his pistol when he fixed and loaded his rifle. We went back and found it in the woods, and he also went away.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    The ones boasting about their Military service usually did nothing combat, weapons, or action related. I've found the ones that have stickers all over their cars, use their former rank on websites, and related have done very little and had almost no weapons training.

I worked with 95 instructors at one of our schoolhouses, vast majority operational, or Tier One guys and none of them boasted about their credentials. The two Team Six Gold and CAG guys were the most laid back normal guys ive met. Just smart as fuk. The 5,000+ students that came thru rarely spoke about it because they didn't need to and it would be frowned upon. If you were there your resume got you there and nothing else was needed. On week one and two we quickly found out who was weapons competent or who needed to go.

I recall one occasion in six years someone dropped a pistol, on the draw, on a firing line and he immediately went away. Completely unacceptable. Another forgot to close the retention on his pistol holster, after a transition, (with UTM rounds) and lost his pistol when he fixed and loaded his rifle. We went back and found it in the woods, and he also went away.
    I couldn’t agree more. I was actually just talking to a friend about this. It’s like the amateur boxer that goes around telling everyone he’s a fighter. The funny part is they are bragging about how good they are with guns but in reality they are just pointing out how little they actually train/ shoot.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I would think they would have done everything they could to teach you to not drop stuff.
    By no means am I saying I go around frequently dropping guns but unlike a lot of guys here I can put my pride aside and admit it has happened to me in the past. You don’t need a drill instructor yelling at you to make you realize it’s a bad thing to do and you should probably try to be more careful when handling any weapon.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

I dropped a mag on Saturday and no one was harmed. Does that count?

I've got a 10-22 Takedown and the little 10rd mags that come with it absolutely SUCK. One of them doesn't like to get completely seated and I shouldered the rifle and had the shitty little mag just plop down on the ground. Everyone I was shooting with had electronic ear pro so they all heard it.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    By no means am I saying I go around frequently dropping guns but unlike a lot of guys here I can put my pride aside and admit it has happened to me in the past. You don’t need a drill instructor yelling at you to make you realize it’s a bad thing to do and you should probably try to be more careful when handling any weapon.

I was talking about dropping missiles and bombs.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AndrewP
    Top Bottom