Katrina Gun Confiscation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well....I'm not trying to take away from anyone's first hand experience.
    I can completely understand the POV of BTDT and then hearing something different from those who weren't.
    I deal with that on another topic but very similar. So that wasn't my intent and I apologize if that's what the perception was.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Well....I'm not trying to take away from anyone's first hand experience.
    I can completely understand the POV of BTDT and then hearing something different from those who weren't.
    I deal with that on another topic but very similar. So that wasn't my intent and I apologize if that's what the perception was.

I don't see how your posts could be construed as such. Pretty open minded about the whole thing if you ask me.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I was there the whole time also. I didn't see anything like that happen.

One thing I noticed in this thread, there are a few people talking about things that they know nothing about.

JR1572

I am sorry if i was one of them. I know i went off topic! Just wanted to post, the same that I know guns were taken, But never saw any taken.
    And that it is always a pile on the band wagon when something bad needs said.
    But all I saw in Kenner, Metaire, New Orleans and outer lying places was:
    Police, City, Parish and State as well as National Guard who were over worked but nice, doing there job and some

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I am sorry if i was one of them. I know i went off topic! Just wanted to post, the same that I know guns were taken, But never saw any taken.
    And that it is always a pile on the band wagon when something bad needs said.
    But all I saw in Kenner, Metaire, New Orleans and outer lying places was:
    Police, City, Parish and State as well as National Guard who were over worked but nice, doing there job and some

Oh no, you're good.

JR1572

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I was there the whole time also. I didn't see anything like that happen.

One thing I noticed in this thread, there are a few people talking about things that they know nothing about.

JR1572

One thing I noticed is that everyone who was actually THERE didn't see any of the mass confiscations of guns from citizens that has been claimed. Curious that everyone who WASN'T there actually knows more than those who WERE there.

Just because you've never seen a Blue Duck, doesn't mean one doesn't exist! ;)

There are numerous accounts on news footage out there. If you seek, you will find.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA

There are numerous accounts on news footage out there. If you seek, you will find.

lol. the point is that everyone THERE said they never saw the blue duck, but everyone ABSENT said there were flocks over the city.

I do appreciate the comment though lol

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Well just because you read it on the internet or heard it on the news doesn't make it true.

JR1572

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Gun-confiscation didn't happen, just like the holocaust didn't happen, just like 9/11 didn't happen, just like the moon landings didn't happen.

Seriously people?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Gun-confiscation didn't happen, just like the holocaust didn't happen, just like 9/11 didn't happen, just like the moon landings didn't happen.

Seriously people?

no, gun confiscations didn't happen like seeing elvis at the mall of acadiana last weekend didn't happen.

there technically WAS an elvis. but its nothing like the statement implies.

and fwiw- everything else in your example can be proven.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well, I'm kinda 50/50 on the moon landings......:dogkeke:

:D You know why!? B/c we never went bacK!

Takes scientist months and months to gather all the data from a site
    that they literally CAMP OUT at.

But we don't even go BACK to the Moon? not one more time?!

Nothing more to learn here....moving on....NEXT!

:mamoru:

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Well. I had not moved back from CO at that time. But I do remember seeing the chief of police on the news saying he was disarming everyone. I think it was because of officer safety reasons. Don't know why he would say this if he did not intend on doing it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well. I had not moved back from CO at that time. But I do remember seeing the chief of police on the news saying he was disarming everyone. I think it was because of officer safety reasons. Don't know why he would say this if he did not intend on doing it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well FWIW, precisely what he said was 'No one will be able to be armed; we will take all guns.'

Now unless that's some sort of "code talk", I'm not sure what else he could have meant. :dunno:

So I will believe that was his INTENT- regardless of whether he actually was able to pull it off, or not.

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    no, gun confiscations didn't happen like seeing elvis at the mall of acadiana last weekend didn't happen.

there technically WAS an elvis. but its nothing like the statement implies.

and fwiw- everything else in your example can be proven.

You really don't believe it?

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/fact-sheets/2007/state-emergency-powers-vs-the-right.aspx

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/n.../nra,-louisiana-congressional-leaders-em.aspx

Are these just lies? Total ********?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2005/sep/23/20050923-105240-4724r/

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/08/national/nationalspecial/08cnd-storm.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I could keep finding articles from news organizations. Are they just spreading lies, trying to scare the sheeple, or whatever other tin foil conspiracies you might have?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom