What's up with these ricers??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    I've got a 240sx I'm building now, my main focus is going to be suspension and handling, but it will get an sr20det. I always had a sports car but I bought a silverado last year, and picked up this 240 several weeks ago and started the research and buying process. I'm glad I currently have all the guns and ammo I want or it would be difficult to decide what to buy lol.

I've wanted an LS powered 240 for a while now. Once I finish my other projects I think I may build one.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    ls430dirty.jpg thats what i ride. may not be fast but it sure is luxurious

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I used to be a full-on ricer. In fact I found BS through SNI.

I had a suped up Hyundai Tiburon. I took it from 16.7 seconds in the 1/4 mile stock to a 15.1 with bolt-ons and tuning. Yeah, that's right. I said 15.1 seconds. Sorry for blowing your minds. :eek3:

Next project was a '72 Cutlass Supreme that went away when the kid came along. :wtc:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I used to be a full-on ricer. In fact I found BS through SNI.

I had a suped up Hyundai Tiburon. I took it from 16.7 seconds in the 1/4 mile stock to a 15.1 with bolt-ons and tuning. Yeah, that's right. I said 15.1 seconds. Sorry for blowing your minds. :eek3:

Next project was a '72 Cutlass Supreme that went away when the kid came along. :wtc:
    I'm fat as hell and I think I could pedal faster than a 16.7 :D

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    It was fun when you thrashed on it or bent into a corner with it, but the quality just wasn't there aside from the drive-line and suspension. My 370Z is a much much better car, if not as performance oriented. I traded a car that felt like a Cobalt 95% of the time and a rocket 5% of the time for a car that feels awesome 95% of the time and could use a little more oomph 5% of the time. Cut my note in half while I was at it. WIN!

It was a very sexy car, though, and I still don't see many others around like it:
    54u0t0.jpg

Traded for this (Half the price, 3X the compliments. I don't understand that, really, but kinda cool.):

wt69o0.jpg

I will say, every single person who has ridden in both cars says they would rather own my 370Z than my Z06, assuming they couldn't ever sell it/get trade-in on it. Guys (Even one guy who is a HUGE Viper fan/former vette owner), girls, everyone. Everyone except my Dad, who thinks its a better car, but has a soft spot for 'vettes because his first car was a 'vette.

My freind owns a 370z nismo and that thing is sick..really nice car

kcoughlin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Cenla region is holding an autocross next weekend at no problem raceway! We use part of the peanut and the parking lot...

Y'all come out and get you some 25 year old Honda to eat:)

Kerry

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Once I finish putting my turbo kit on my L59 truck, anything less than an LS or BBC car will not stand a chance...

I only go this route because I can't fit in a Viper/Z06/Ferrari, or any other true sports car for that matter.

Last edited:

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Just a little modded mustang, that gives me more headaches than wins.

I was so happy to get rid of my 2006 Mustang GT. Aside from the smart junction box shorting out while I was in Florida, it was mostly minor BS things breaking that annoyed me with that car. To think, I believed the hype when I read that Ford had improved its quality. My last problematic Ford was a 1996 Thunderbird and it left me completely stranded a few more times than my 2006 Mustang GT did.

Top Bottom